Veterinary Investigations

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Veterinary Investigations

Post by Glenys »

It is very Interesting to know the powers that be are looking into Veterinary costs as a rescue we have dogs we support these Vets can be in many areas
I have noticed over the last years that when accounting the reference numbers for the dogs changes so on our Bacs list multiple surgeries will have the same accounting company so if say I am paying a dog let’s say Bobby I might have that same account details as for another dog so I must then add a different reference but more than that we have just had a quote for a spay over for instance £300.00 plus Vat at another Vets in another area it can vary from say £175.00 plus vat
Most independent Vets are shall I say ? Kinder To animal welfare groups also need to add so are some Veterinary groups prices have gone slightly lower I find Vets in for example Cumbria places like that’s are particularly kind and its appreciated.
Having any Pet now is a luxury, and I shouldn’t be ! to some their Pet is a reason to get up in the morning to go for a walk and chat with fellow dog walkers We see people heartbroken because they simply cannot afford unexpected Vet Bills even with insurance and must make the decision to give up their faithful friend.
I have said before if anyone of our adopters gets to this point, please speak to us we will help in any way we can.
Things our supported dogs need can be special food, medication and of course Vet bills these people have opened their heart and home to help a dog with a condition many are old dogs who would not find that without our support.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you for your kind support!

Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: