generous landlord

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mcca
Senior User
Senior User

generous landlord

Post by mcca »

hi everyone
we have just got back from 2 weeks in scotland 2 really nice dog friendly cottages i will get to them later but i needed to tell you about a lovely couple we met on the way
we decided to take our time going up the country and i looked up dog friendly pubs in the borders the most recommended was THE BLACK BULL MARKET PLACE LAUDER so we decided to stop there for lunch and i have to say it was brilliant not huge plate fulls but really special both presentation and taste
the owner was making a fuss of jess and we were telling him about rescue and how we had lost bracken he said he was so pleased that Glenys would consider rehoming an ex worker for his retirement the next thing i new he gave me £30 for rescue and asked me to forward it to Glenys with his best wishes and those of his wife (the chef i think)she had on a white coat
we have only arrived home today so i have sent the donation by paypal tonight we didnt have wifi at the cottages and couldnt do it before

i will tell you about the cottages later when i get organised
anne and jess
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: generous landlord

Post by Lins »

Wow Anne, how generous. It's amazing what your rescue dogs can achieve when to tell them about MKF. Well done to you both, and I have to say, a generous landlord indeed. Thank you.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

I remembered last night this fine man as well as having a dog friendly hotel also has self catering dog friendly lodge or lodges at WHITEHALL LODGES CHIRNSIDE which is near eyemouth a great part of the east coast fab beaches holy island etc as shown on the holiday photos of the intrepid travellers we have on here had a quick look at the site before posting and it looks nice

anne and jess
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

What a kind thing to do, it is nice to know there are still people around like that.

Hope you all had a lovely holiday look forward to hearing all about it.

Jackie x