Labrador needs a new home

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Labrador needs a new home

Post by jackie »

Glenys I hope this is ok (if not please delete post) but Northern English Spaniel Rescue have been trying to re-home a 10 year old Lab for some time. They have just updated their website and the link to Freddie's page is http://www.nessr.net/single-post/2016/0 ... k-Labrador

Here are some details on the lad I so hope he can find a new home, he came in with his buddy a spaniel who was homed months ago but poor Freddie has been overlooked:

Male
Labrador

Freddie 10 year old Black Labrador

Freddie was dumped at the pound by his previous owner after a lifetime of loyal service. He is a trained gundog.

Ne needs to be rehomed with another dog as that is what he is used to, his kennel mate having already been rehomed. They have been kept in a kennel but will adapt to a home no problem at all as they have been fostered previously in a home environment, all he asks for now is a warm fireside and soft bed for him to spend his twilight years.

He is not cat tested and can be rehomed with older children (10+)

Freddie is being fostered in Northumberlandand and you will be expected to travel to meet them. A homecheck and donation apply so that we can continue with our work.

Application forms can be found at http://www.nessr.net
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Labrador needs a new home

Post by coco-bean »

Hope Freddie is rehomed soon :bighug:
Last edited by coco-bean on 13 Oct 2016, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
eamonnmoore
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eamonnmoore »

Bumping up freddie :2379:
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Keeping everything crossed that Freddie finds his forever twilight home soon :love2:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Just wondering how Freddie is getting on?
Liz x
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Bump XX
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

we contacted the rescue about freddie and asked a few questions as we could possibly find a space in our home for him if jess accepted him jess is missing bracken and doesnt like being left in by herself when we are at the hospital but only a well trained older dog could be considered sounds picky but thats just how life is right now the lady was nice and told me about him
so far they have not got back to us personally just an email
i guess they have someone in mind for him or perhaps they dont see our present position as acceptable (i wouldnt blame them)

anyway i am assured he is safe in a foster home maybe that will become a failed foster

anne and jess
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Thats disappointing Anne was it Cynthia you spoke to? If they have someone in mind then why advertise him, I think your current set up would be perfect for Freddie, lots of company, a companion dog and of course love and attention which is what this lad needs.

Jackie x
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

i rang the contact no on the site i do think it was Cynthia but cant be certain
of course we are used to a quick reaction from glenys and the gang but of course they know us from the site and how we live life with our dogs also some of our history and i have no record with springer rescue could be any old fool and i do come with specific requirements which will come over as picky i can imagine someone saying (is she wanting to help a dog or aquire a paragon of virtue for an easy life )
any way what will be will be
Malcolm has not been well this week so maybe just as well they havnt turned up for a home visit

anne and jess