Poor Bryn

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Maggies Dad
Senior User
Senior User

Poor Bryn

Post by Maggies Dad »

Hello all,

For those of you that remember our wonderful furry fella Bryn, could I please ask you to visit the link below and share to any of your doggie Loving friends. The more people we can reach, the better chance we have, Thank You.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Bryn

:3517:
Brian. ( Max and Jess's Dad )
Maggie, Woof and Bryn, Together Forever
Dogs are not our whole life,
but they make our lives whole.
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Poor Bryn

Post by Morticia1162 »

Will his pet insurance not pay for hip,operation? :blue:
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Sorry to hear about Bryn and remember his story, plus the birthday posts of Maggie etc but surely his pet insurance will pay for his hip operation given the cost of it only being £1,000 but maybe you have over run the excess with treatment and medication required for this problem like we do with Little Max although his problems are different luckily we have been able to fund the additional costs.

Keeping everything crossed you will be able to get Bryns hip operation sorted.
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Maggies Dad
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggies Dad »

Bryn was diagnosed with HD almost 4 years ago, his insurance ran out on this problem a long time ago and we have paid a small fortune for medications since then. Now he is in need of surgery and any help we can get will be much appreciated, and will cost alot more than we are appealing for. All we're asking is for people to share this appeal to anyone they know who might be willing to help, if only to share it also.
Thank you, from us, and especially from Bryn.
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Have sent you a PM. Hope you manage to get Bryn his op. Think he's lovely.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Maggies Dad
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggies Dad »

Thank you Joe and Hilary, I have replied to you in a message and hope you get it.
You are Stars..........Big Thank you !!

Brian ( B I G LLLLllllllllllllllllicks from Bryn ) :love3:
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

I've always had a soft spot for the wonderful Bryn and I've sent my donation on behalf of my Gorgeous George who although desparately ill would want me to support another gentle giant to live his life pain free.

I sincerely hope you reach your target xx
Joan and George x
Maggies Dad
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggies Dad »

Dear Joan,
We are so very sad to hear George is ill and you and he are both in our thoughts and prayers :blue:

Thank you so so very much for your more than genrous donation, Bryn and ourselves are extremely grateful that you donated and also found the time to help during your worrying time.

Lots of Love and Best Wishes for you. :love3:

( B I G Lllllllllllllllllllicks from Bryn )
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Hi Brian

I got your message thanks. Have forwarded your link to a few people but for some reason I don't seem to know many people who like dogs. I love that picture of Bryn on the Just Giving site.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

My friend Colin, a Lab lover and owner has confirmed he has given a donation to Bryn's fund. Hoping you make the amount you need.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Get well Bryn I have a soft spot for you and will be championing your cause xxx
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

LabLover wrote:Sorry to hear about Bryn and remember his story, plus the birthday posts of Maggie etc but surely his pet insurance will pay for his hip operation given the cost of it only being £1,000 but maybe you have over run the excess with treatment and medication required for this problem like we do with Little Max although his problems are different luckily we have been able to fund the additional costs.

Keeping everything crossed you will be able to get Bryns hip operation sorted.

Its difficult with insurance we had to cancel Gollies because he had that many claims over the years as soon as he was seven they bumped his premiums that high it was crazy so we put the same amount away each month this was Morethan who he was with from a puppy they also wanted a large excess on each claim too if he had been on Petplan it may have been a different story we have spent in excess of two thousand on him recently and luckily can afford it .
Bryn is a very well loved dog and cared for Im sure its not easy to have to try and raise some dosh for a dog I hope he can get help towards the cost
Maggies Dad
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggies Dad »

Firstly let me give a BIG Thank you to everyone that has read this thread, especially anyone who has kindly made a donation, they are all very welcome.
Then Joe and Hilary, please pass our thanks to your Dog Loving friend Colin for his contribution, we are unsure who several people that have donated are, as people are sharing the link for us.
May I also Thank Glenys for her lovely donation, what a difference you made for us.
Yes, insurances vary alot and when it comes to long term problems they all seem to run out. We used Morethan for one of our Border Collies some years ago, and we would NEVER use them again after our experience of them. We have all our furry little people insured with Petplan and I have to say that they were fair about Bryn, they paid up with no problems at all until his "cover for each illness" reached its ceiling. Since then we have bought and paid for all Bryns Meds and treatments. But now as he has suddenly done severe damage to his knee/hip it is costing a fortune in X-rays, meds, and physiotherapy appointment. He needs a full hip replacement but as that is Mega-money it isn't really an option for us, but the vet says there is alternative surgery involving removal of the top of his femur, which will reduce the pain significantly. He will always have a limp but he cant even walk right now, so a limp is a small price to pay if he is pain free. This op is still quite expensive and there will be aftercare expenses too, this is the reason for our appeal.
The nurses at one of the hospitals he has P A T visited regularly have been helping with ideas for fund raising for him and next Monday will be having a "Bucket Rattling Day" in the foyer of our local supermarket.
Once again, please know that Bryn and his pet humans appreciate everything everyone has done so far, and will hopefully continue to do.
Our Very Sincere Best Wishes to Everyone,
Brian, Sue, Bryn, Maggie and Max. xxx (B I G Lllllllllllllicks from Bryn)
Brian. ( Max and Jess's Dad )
Maggie, Woof and Bryn, Together Forever
Dogs are not our whole life,
but they make our lives whole.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

I'm really pleased to see your total is climbing up, Brian, I can't wait to see you reach your goal so that Bryn can have his operation :1951: :lol:
Joan and George x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

I am so glad to see the amount rising thank you to those who have helped Bryn the honorary Labrador :1972: