Maggie's new sister

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Maggies Dad
Senior User
Senior User

Maggie's new sister

Post by Maggies Dad »

Hi all,
As some of you already know, at the beginning of February we lost our beautiful Bryn. The hole he has left, we have found much too hard to bear and our lives have been missing a very B I G presence.
We decided that Bryn would guide us, and find us someone to help mend our broken hearts. Yesterday....that wish came true.
We found a Beautiful little girl called JESS. She is a Shepadoo, (German Shepherd x Poodle), and has come from a sadly abusive background and is quite timid. She has no aggression in her but is very afraid of and sudden moves or especially men, and backs right off in panic if approached too suddenly.
She is however, the most lovely natured little girl and when we brought her home last night, she met our other two monsters happily and without even so much as a growl between any of them.
Below are a couple of quick pics showing how gorgeous she is..........
and then deciding now she's here, she may as well just relax totally.........
We are, as I'm sure you can tell, totally in Love with her already

:love6:
Brian. ( Max and Jess's Dad )
Maggie, Woof and Bryn, Together Forever
Dogs are not our whole life,
but they make our lives whole.
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Maggie's new sister

Post by Morticia1162 »

What a beautiful little lady, I'm sure Bryn would approve, I'm also sure she will come out of her shell in such a loving household. :love2:
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Oh my what a little beauty :1972: Bryn would definitely approve there's no doubt about that. How old is she and how did you hear about her, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm pleased to hear that your two have accepted her, she looks as if she knows she's fallen on all four paws to be adopted into your family. She will now know nothing but love and I know she will blossom in your care.

Looking forward to more photos. :lol:
Joan and George x
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

What can one say Jess is gorgeous. :love2: :love2:

So very pleased for you all. :love3: :love3: Wishing you a long and happy life together.

Kay.xx
Maggies Dad
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggies Dad »

JoanG wrote:Oh my what a little beauty :1972: Bryn would definitely approve there's no doubt about that. How old is she and how did you hear about her, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm pleased to hear that your two have accepted her, she looks as if she knows she's fallen on all four paws to be adopted into your family. She will now know nothing but love and I know she will blossom in your care.

Looking forward to more photos. :lol:
Jess is just 2 years old and has, as I said, had a rough start in life. He fear is obviously a reaction to her previous abuse but in less than 24 hours here, she has got to coming to me and snuggling. She literally moved me to tears when she lay down next to me and put her front leg around my neck and cuddled in...........just as Bryn used to do :cry3:
I've had them all out this morning and since then taken Jess couple more times to get her comfy walking next to me. She really is a star....when I drop her lead, she stops in her tracks and waits until I pick it up again. We met several friends along our way plus a few total strangers with their dogs, and Jess behaved impeccably.
All I can say is, Thank You Bryn for sending us this Beautiful Girl.
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Oh she is so beautiful Bryn has guided you to her to help mend your broken heart.
Enjoy every day it is amazing how they adapt with love and kindness, please give her a kiss from us.
We are really thrilled for you.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Oh my goodness. What a lovely post. I'm so pleased for you, and even more for Jess. She's gorgeous. The first thing that struck me is how could someone hurt a beautiful little thing like her? Well, that is all well and truly behind her, and I'm delighted that Bryn has decided to send her.
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Really, really pleased for you all. I'm sure you are right and Bryn's paw guided lovely Jess your way, :love2:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Wonderful news.

I'm sure the beautiful Jess is well on her way to mending your broken hears, with Bryn's blessing.

I hope you have many happy and healthy years together, and look forward to seeing more piccys and updates.

Enjoy.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

OMG... she is adorable :bighug:

Jess is going to have a wonderful life now she has you to look after her :love3:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Oh Wow she lovely xx
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Brian she is beautiful. Definetly sent by Bryn so pleased for you all. What a wonderful life she is going to have. :love2:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

She is so beautiful and lovely to see her relaxing on your sofa. My Douma is scared, even with me sometimes, and she's here two years in June. Your new girl sounds to have made so much progress in such a short time. I would never even now let go of Douma's lead if someone else was about, she'd be off, so well done. Gorgeous to hear how she gave you a cuddle. Wishing you and her so much love and happiness. So pleased for you she's helping fill the space left by dear Bryn.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Maggies Dad
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggies Dad »

Thank you all for your lovely posts, you have all said such lovely things and we truly appreciate it. Jess is such a gorgeous girl and she has the nature Bryn had, loving and gentle, we couldn't have asked for more. She follows us everywhere and just wants to be next to us, she should have been called Shadow :1972:

I'll post more pics when I get them onto photo bucket.
Maggies Dad
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggies Dad »

Jess's 7th Birthday

And on the beach

After lots of work, laughter and Love, Jess is now such a fabulous girl who we are proud to take anywhere with us. Even when running loose on the beach (she runs like a horse) she never goes further that 20 yards from us, galloping in circles, barking and "laughing" all over her beautiful face.
All the Best Wishes to anyone there that remembers us with Maggie and Bryn.

Brian