Today at the Farm

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Today at the Farm

Post by Glenys »

I thought as we are in uncertain times at the moment and all being careful we have put together contingency plans here .
Today we took an urgent call from a lady who child has had an allergic reaction to her dogs... two things to think no parent wants their child in hospital especially now.
Luckily here is how we proceeded:

I prepared the sign over forms for completion our helper came to meet the owner keeping a good distance I sadly had to watch on our cameras the heartbreak for the Lady and our helper was also shedding tears never having done this before as I am usually always the one these days who signs dogs the dogs were walked into the kennels by the owner and later will have free running in our paddock one of the dogs is a Labrador one is a boxer both girls are lovely when adoption takes place we have an offer from another volunteer to complete the adoptions .
As some of you know Sam my hubby has leukemia and on oral chemotherapy so is in the danger zone
there is no risk to us to continue to help dogs as we are able to do a lot of things inside and the garden / fresh air.
Please do not worry about us we are absolutely fine Rescue goes on it has to else what will happen to the dogs if we do not ?.

Thank you so much to people who donate to us we do understand some may not be able to afford to now and if so you are still our valued friends and always will be..

Love to you all

Glenys and Sam and all the team xx
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Today at the Farm

Post by Patmar »

Glenys - just wanted to send love to you and Sam. I think sometimes we all forget just how emotional these occasions can be. You both do so much for all the dogs going through sadness but bringing happiness to others.
Sending all our love to you and Sam

Pat, Zach and Jake
x x x
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Glenys you and Sam are true angels as despite your own health worries Rescue and the dogs are clearly still at the forefront of your heart and mind. So many dogs wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for you both and long may rescue continue.

Sending you both much love :love3:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Hi Glenys,

You and Sam have done so much for all the dogs that have come through your gates, thank you for continuing to do what you do best, you have hearts of gold, both of you :love2: :love2:

Take care of yourselves.

Lots of love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home