Good Bye Gentle Joe

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

geddes
Advanced User
Advanced User

Good Bye Gentle Joe

Post by geddes »

Yesterday at 10 am our gentle loving boy died he was cuddled by my self and his vet.The dog who made so many friends and was so loved
has gone to doggy heaven.Sorry but I will have to close the tears do not want to stop.
Geddes.
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Good Bye Gentle Joe

Post by mollie »

Aw Geddes. I am so so sorry. I know how much you and Lesley loved Joe. It’s so heartbreaking. Can’t find the words, as I know how you will be feeling.

Big hugs to you both. Xxxx
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Trigger
New User
New User

Post by Trigger »

Hi Geddes,
I'm so sorry you lost your Gentle Joe. There's nothing I can say that will ease your pain, but he's gone to a better place where there's no pain or death. I firmly believe that animals, especially dogs, have souls, and really go to heaven. How can God not have a special place in His heart for Labradors. I know how hard it is to lose an extra special dog. Sometimes it's as if certain Dogs are really reincarnated humans as they seem to Intuit our feelings, and they can talk with their eyes which are so expressive. I lost my black lab, Flo on March 17th, and wanted to write about her on this forum, but I couldn't do it because of the pain sorrow, and tears. Keep strong, and keep taking things one day at a time, tiny steps, and it will gradually get easier. Be good to yourself, and look after you.
With Love and Hugs,
Wendy
Labrador3
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Labrador3 »

So sorry to hear about Joe. Many of us on this forum will know the pain you are feeling right now. It hurts because you loved him so much. The memories you made will always be with you and can never be taken away. Our thoughts are with you at this sad time.
Steve, Carolyn and Roly x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Our thoughts are with you at this very sad and difficult time.
Gentle Joe sleep tight.
With love from Liz Molly Polly Raisin x
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

So very sorry to read you have had to say goodbye to your beloved Gentle Joe and know the heartbreaking pain you are going through at this sad time. Gentle Joe had a wonderful life with you both and couldn’t have been more cherished and loved, hopefully in time you will be able to look back and smile at the happy times and memories you made together.

Thinking of you both

Sleep tight Gentle Joe :love2:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Sometimes words just aren't enough Geddes but I'm so, so sorry that you have had to say goodnight to your beloved Gentle Joe. It's clear that he meant the world to you and you to him too.
My thoughts are with you and Lesley.
Sleep tight Gentle Joe,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

I am so very sorry to hear you have lost your beloved Joe. I know how much you loved him and him you and your heart will be broken and empty because that love was so strong. In time the memories he left you with will help make you smile again, and will live on in your heart forever.

Thinking of you

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

So very sorry for your loss. They leave such a hole in your heart. Thing will get easier with time (never easy) and you will remember your beloved Gentle Joe and the times you had together and the time will come when you can smile at some of the antics. Thinking of you. :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Garyt
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Garyt »

So sorry to be reading this Geddes, really do know how you are feeling at this sad time
having lost our old boy Jake recently.
Our thoughts are with you.

Jacky & Gary
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

So very sad to hear about the loss of Joe what a wonderful dog he was a real hero.
Some dogs are meant to come into our lives I am sure Joe was destined to become "Joseph Amadeus " Beloved best friend of two lovely people Lesley and Geddes and enrich their Lives so much and he did the job very well.

xxx

Hugs for you xx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

So very sorry to read this news Geddes, it is such an awful time and they take a piece of us with them with they leave us. Thinking of you at this difficult time.

Run free Joe sweetheart.

Jackie x
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

So very sorry you have had to say Goodbye to your dear Joe. No words can say really, just thinking of you. xxxx

Hilary, Rowley & Douma