Night night, my darling Jess.

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aileen

Night night, my darling Jess.

Post by Aileen »

It is with a breaking heart that I tell you that my darling Jess gained her wings on Tuesday, 1st September, and crossed to Rainbow Bridge. Her walking and mobility had been deteriorating over the past couple of weeks and last night she ‘went off’ her hind legs completely. Her soft, gentle eyes told me it’s time.
It is ironic that the day she left would have been her 3rd “Gotcha day”.
Three years ago to the day I drove down to MKF to pick up this beautiful then 12 year old retired gun dog and from the moment I met her it was total love and devotion on both our parts. She has been an absolute joy over the last 3 years and it’s such a privilege and honour to have been her mum.
She passed so peacefully, with her head cradled in my lap, still chewing her mint mini bones which were her absolute favourite.
She had reached the grand old age of 15 and I want to thank Glenys for allowing me to adopt this gorgeous old lady who brought me such happiness.
I am devastated and there is a Jess sized hole in my heart.
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
SusanKerr
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Night night, my darling Jess.

Post by SusanKerr »

So sorry to hear about Jess - you gave her a lovely retirement for her last years and she was very loved and she knew it. Sending hugs.
geddes
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geddes »

Our hearts are with you.
Geddes & Lesley
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Aileen you gave beautiful Jess a wonderful 3 years, thinking of you at this very sad time.
Sleep tight Jess.
Love from Liz Molly Polly Raisin xx
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Oh Aileen, I'm so so sorry that you have had to say goodnight to your darling Jess, I really feel for you.
You write so beautifully of her, it's clear Jess was so loved, those three years so special for you both.
Sleep tight Jess x
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Oh Aileen I am so sorry to read this news. I was just thinking of you and Jess a couple of weeks back and wondered how things were as I remembered you getting her back in 2017....she caught my eye you see. I am pleased you both had 3 wonderful years together, not long enough I know. Thinking of you at this sad time. Run free Jess sweetheart.
Jackie x
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Aileen, I am so very sorry to hear you have had to say goodbye to your beautiful Jess. It is clear to me that you had a special bond, she was loved by you in her twilight years and she will always be watching over you.

Treasure the memories.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Beanshoot
New User
New User

Post by Beanshoot »

Ever so sorry to hear this, thoughts are with you