Rescue homing update

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Rescue homing update

Post by Glenys »

People have asked about adoption and dogs available so I thought I would explain how we are working at the moment.
2020 was and now this year the most unprecedented times for all rescues also the mad rush by some to buy puppies and dogs inflating the prices almost every call we received was just what do you have in ? how do I get a dog etc. some seemed shocked when we say there is a pandemic going on .
We do know at some point the result of all the panic buying of dogs will cause rescues to be very busy .
We have had a lot of dog bereavements this year and will always give priority to our loyal adopters and supporters and I think the loss of a beloved dog is devastating . So since last March we have operated on a different system and it has worked and we have kept with the rules and we are so lucky to have people volunteer to transport dogs to and on behalf of rescue we have successfully managed to re house many dogs in need but not as many as in NORMAL times because people are furloughed and not giving dogs up as usually a reason dogs are given up are became they are being left all day etc. Our rescue is committed to help any labs and lab crosses regardless of health therefore we take in dogs overlooked by other rescues these dogs may be on our supported dogs scheme they may not have found a home had we not offered to help as their medications are expensive and not able to insure . A majority of Big charity rescues are not homing as they cannot allow people on their premises .
Our latest accounts show last year end our Veterinary fees were twenty two thousand and ninety seven pounds !
We are only a small rescue with a big reputation and proud history and we will endeavor never to turn a dog away simply because they need vet support no dog should be homeless .
Thank you for reading this on behalf of the team thank you so much for your support and care xxx