Sophie

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Sophie

Post by Glenys »

Helping Sophie
Firstly I know many people are watching the updates including our Vets and Veterinary Staff Friends so I can only interpret the story in layman’s terms .
So Where to start? Following on from the emergency Dash to the emergency Vets Chestergates
It was agreed by both teams that she be transferred on Tuesday To Leahurst ( university of Liverpool animal hospital )on Tuesday when she arrived with the scheduled Hip replacement pre op tests were made to check for this and Sadly Sophie has severe infection in her hip joint and though some results are not back yet its not safe to go ahead with the surgery yet no one knows where the infection started from her ears to hip or vice versa lets just say severe neglect in her life hasn’t helped this lovely girl.
Sophie has now been allowed home to Foster mum Lisa her regime is very strict her medication and limited exercise we are Hoping and praying and she will be reassessed in a week if not before
The vets do not know yet if he long term pain which made her compensate has put her other hip under strain therefore rendering a new hip impossible this may mean the possibility of removing the femoral head putting even more strain on the other hip is all under discussion.
There is no easy way yet but to put our total trust in the professionals to do the very best for Sophie .
She certainly gets the red-carpet treatment wherever she goes Lisa says even though in pain she sparkles with love and trust.
A sad little thing that got to my particular fairly tough heart was the thought of Lisa sitting in the car both her and Sophie crying, Sophie tucking her little head in Lisa’s coat all whilst waiting to be called in the emergency transfer to Leahurst .
Just to say as ever we cannot do what we do without the love and support shown to us and especially for dogs like Sophie and many before her so Thank you again.