Pet insurance

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Pet insurance

Post by Glenys »

I thought I would mention Pet insurance ,today I received my renewal for Ted it had gone up by 115.00 pounds a year to just over five hundred he is two years old and a Giant breed we did have one claim but as he is on life cover it wasn’t affected .
As treasurer for rescue I deal with many Vet accounts for dogs we support and quite frankly not many are less that five hundred plus at times ( last years vet accounts were almost 30.000 pounds ) we had some large bills, so I felt it was a very fair quote to name drop its More than insurance but we also have Petplan the two most reliable and fair companies Freddie who is five who had two claims insurance only rose by forty pounds .
Things I advise it do not always go for the cheapest check if its life cover therefor if you claim that illness is covered for life I noticed also with the More than and Petplan Dental work caused through an accident is covered .
Ill share an experience with you some years ago a Labrador came in through bereavement he was nearly homed but pretty soon diagnosed with cancer just by luck I checked his paperwork and in it there was a policy with Petplan I rang them and explained the situation as it was a live policy they were very helpful and said if we could get the executer of the will to contact with permission they would cover the dog and they did.
From that day I have always held that company in high regard
The sweet Labrador did well and lived his life out in a loving home.
My final message is always read the small print and be careful of switching insurance as you will have to declare, any claims and those conditions will be excluded