Another quick update on Sam

Another case of a dog with allergies that needed a special mom and dad who could give him that little extra to overcome his problems..

Moderator: Forum Moderators

radar ears
Advanced User
Advanced User

Another quick update on Sam

Post by radar ears »

Hello everyone :occasion7:

It's Sam here, I bet you all thought I'd gone a bit quiet didn't you, well I've still been keeping up to date on everyone and everything, it pays to keep your nose to the ground you know!

I haven't been able to post much for the last few weeks, because I have to get Mum to help me with the big words and she has been too busy sorting out her Poppy Appeal for the last few weeks and so she told me that I'd have to wait patiently, I don't mind though, because our service lads and lasses need all the help they can get.

I'm feeling SO much better now, because I don't have to have my ears done all the time, nor do I have to have a bath all the time, my Mum and Dad keep a check on me though, oh yes, they certainly do that!

They tell me that I have come on in leaps and bounds and no way am I going to go back to how I was.

It's funny really, because they both love me to bits, but I make much more fuss of my Dad than my Mum, I try to climb over him as soon as he wakes up in the morning, I get my right foot going like a motorbike, because I want to jump up on the bed, but that is not allowed, so I have to reach him the best I can and pin him down with my huge paws!

My Mum doesn't really mind though, she taps me on the head and says "just you remember who drove ten hours to get you and ten hours to bring you home"!

I tell her that it's her own fault for going the "pretty" way and not going on the motorways and she retorts by telling me that it was safer to let me out on an "A" road rather than a motorway! (she's right really, as she did tell me at the time that I was her precious cargo!).

Anyway, getting back to how I am, my coat is well glossy and I only have a scratch every now and then, but apparently, I snore like no-one's business when I am asleep and Mum says that I am like her beloved Mick that she lost, because when I dream, I squeak and my feet go nineteen to the dozen!

It must be a Labrador thing!

I'm going to close in a minute because I can smell some nice smells coming from the kitchen, so that means it's nearly dinner time and there's some serious eating to be done.

I still nick stuff when I have the chance, I had the lid off of the earthenware crockpot the other day and helped myself to some of my food, Dad told me that I wouldn't be getting any dinner, because I'd already helped myself to enough!

I knew he didn't mean it though and I still had my dinner with Benji, but I didn't have quite as much as I usually do, which was fair enough.

I give myself away anyway, because I always lay down if I've done something I shouldn't, I always admit it.

Just before I go, because I'm feeling sentimental, I'd like to say thank you to everyone on this forum, to those who contributed to my welfare and my tests, for those who take on rescue dogs like me and to everyone who does their own bit to help in whatever way and to Glenys and the team for providing me with shelter when I needed it, en route to my forever home.

God Bless you all :love5:
Take care,
Love Sam
Mick (my "blondie" Lab) 2nd February 2009 aged 15
Benji (my Collie) 14th September 2010 aged 14½
Bruce (my "blackie" Lab) 8th March 2015 aged 13 (rough guess)
Sam (my "blackie" Lab) 27th April 2015 aged 13

Always with me, xx
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Another quick update on Sam

Post by benjiesmum »

Awww! Bless you Sam! Love and licks from Buddie, Benjie and Tomos the Cat (the Boss)! :1963: :1963: :1971:
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

So pleased everything has worked out so well. It was obviously worth the long drive down South!

:1951: :1954: :1951:
Sara, Dave, Bonnie & Bella
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Thanks for the lovely update Sam. Oooooh, you are a one! I take it you have picked up the lingo as you are obviously spoiled rotten and seem to know which side your bread's buttered on. Well done to you for finding a great forever home, and to the team who helped you on your way.

Big hug from Molly :bighug:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
lab_lover
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by lab_lover »

Lovely update Sam, brought a little tear to my eye, do you remember when me and Ben came to take you out for a trip to the park when you were staying at the rescue? We had a lovely day, it was a lovely warm day and we gave you lots of cuddles to make sure you felt lots of love and happiness. We are so pleased that you are getting lots of love and happiness all of the time now with your new mummy and daddy.

Our Max thinks it is funny when you nick things Sam, but it is a bit naughty hehe. He also likes to nick things when he has the opportunity.

Take care and be good.

Lots of cuddles

Jenny & Ben & Max
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Simba my beautiful boy, you will always be in my heart, I will miss you forever
radar ears
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by radar ears »

Hi Jenny & Ben,

I do remember when you took me to the park, my Mum has copies of the pictures that you posted on here, she has them on her office wall, it was in Worden Park and I put muddy paws around you, didn't I :wink:

Mum also told me today that you had taken Gandy out for the day, I think that it's lovely of you (now that you have Max) to still think of the other Labs and make time in your life to take them out.

Have a lovely life with Max.

Take care

Love Sam
xx
Mick (my "blondie" Lab) 2nd February 2009 aged 15
Benji (my Collie) 14th September 2010 aged 14½
Bruce (my "blackie" Lab) 8th March 2015 aged 13 (rough guess)
Sam (my "blackie" Lab) 27th April 2015 aged 13

Always with me, xx
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Sam you darling Boy what excellent news we are all so thrilled you got such a fantastic home with wonderful people.
Keep trying you may manage the bed yet :1944:
As for helping you it was a true pleasure and you have your little space in our latest newsletter shhhh though they only just got posted out.
You also have a place in our hearts
Take care our very own Essex boy xxxx

PS

Message from Gandy:
Hi mate I know in my heart I will get a great home just like you did us men have to stick together and I know I will get a home in time for Chrissymuss .
I get well looked after here but cant wait till I go through that special gate to my new home.

Wont give you licks as we are both macho so hi five to you

Cheers ( cos thats macho too) Gandy
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Lovely update Sam. Just goes to show, those that wait always go to the most fantastic homes, :1972: and learn to read and write. :1967:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

What a fantastic update Sam, I am so pleased that you are happy and well. You sound a cheeky chap must be all that Southern air :1968:

Jackie x
carolb
Homing Coordinator
Homing Coordinator

Post by carolb »

Another one of our special dogs in a very special home- what more could we ask for!!
So glad you are enjoying running your new home Sam. :1941:
Rehoming co ordinator. Tel 07399559202.
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

What a lovely update Sam. It sounds as though you have a lovely home and family and are being well looked after. Let us see some pictures soon!
Jackie
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Lovely!!!

:1971: :1971: :1971:

Gill, Meg and Maisie
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lovely update Sam I am so glad you are happy and getting well again in your new forever home, Mum and Dad obviously love you loads!

Ann x

:1951: :1951: :1945:
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
mollysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollysmum »

How fantastic to hear that Sam is enjoying himself and is training his mum and dad.