Rhianna AKA Anna part two

A little lady who arrived at rescue suffering from stress, loss if coat and a skin condition - who is now on the way to recovery a new forever home

Moderator: Forum Moderators

baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Rhianna AKA Anna part two

Post by baileysmum »

I thought I would give you a quick update on how Anna is doing.
She is still looking well, and we are still skipping the baths, so her fur is coming on nicely, she isn't moulting as much.

When we went on our evening walk this evening, I decided to let her off lead, now this is the first time Ive done it away from the back field near me. Although I do trust her Ive always been apprehensive of her "legging it" after all she isn't my dog. I bought her a girlie collar all pinks/purples and got a tag made up with her name and my number on it. So if she did in fact "leg it" then I know that the dog walking population in my village would find a way of getting her back to me.

Well I needn't have worried she was really good, she didn't always come back to me straight away when I called her, but she kept her beautiful brown eyes on me all the time. Yes I did the "hide behind a tree act" a couple of times, and there she came trotting in her graceful manner looking for me. I was extremely chuffed.

But.......then she decided to go for a swim in the pond :2008:

my heart was in my mouth. Oh God Im going to have to go in after her, whats she going to catch, she's going to drown etc etc all these thoughts were going through my head. Needn't have worried.

The little love had a little swim round in a circle and then jumped back out. :1944:

I must admit had a tear in my eye it was lovely to watch.

She is getting better and better at meeting other dogs to, I have roped my friend in to meeting me with her choccy little girl and Anna is fine.

I think its the small little yappy dogs that make her nervous that charge at her all barking and teeth and looking angry.

We do still walk on a Halti collar though, but she is getting better each day.
A dog wags its tail with its heart.
lab_lover
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by lab_lover »

Awww she sounds so so adorable, I bet you just want to cuddle her all the time :1971:

Jenny
xxxxxx
Simba my beautiful boy, you will always be in my heart, I will miss you forever
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Love reading the updates on Anna. :1972:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

Have a little tear in my eye too! It upsets me so much that Anna is still waiting for her forever home, I do hope someone comes forward very soon!

Gill x
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

So do I Gill.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Wonderful news on Anna I also love reading about how she is getting along

Ann x x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Bless this little angel :1973: :1973:

She really pulls at my heart strings!!! Karen you are doing a great job with her and hopefully soon someone with time and love will come along. I don't know about you but I'd rather it take time and the right person come along than somebody who takes her on a whim and then realising they cannot cope!!!!

She is a special little girl who needs a special forever home. :1972: :1972:

Gill, Meg and Maisie

:occasion7: :occasion7: :occasion7:
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Bump
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

I have been a strong supporter of Lab Rescue for quite a few months now, always check in everyday to see what is going on in all your lives and in your dogs lives.

I am amazed everyday by the support this wonderful charity gets from its members and I am honoured to be a small part of it, likewise so must everyone else.

Whether we volunteer to transport dogs, foster, organise bonus ball draws, run 10kms, 5kms, donate money or just even support them with words of encouragement on the discussion forum I do know that we are appreciated in any way that we help.

She really pulls at my heart strings!!! Karen you are doing a great job with her and hopefully soon someone with time and love will come along. I don't know about you but I'd rather it take time and the right person come along than somebody who takes her on a whim and then realising they cannot cope!!!!

It is so easy to read all about Anna and step in to the become the hero of the hour and give this little girl a home, but that doesn't mean that she will be the right dog for you or in fact that you will be the right mum/dad for her.

Believe me, I tried to do it once for another little girl who had been in rescue for a while, only to go down and meet her only to find out that we weren't what she was looking for, she just wasn't interested in us. But shortly after the perfect mum/dad came along.

I am a firm believer now in that there is a the perfect match of dog/owner and this is were Glenys and Kathryn shine and work tirelessly to find the right match for dogs/owners.

So yes with Anna we are waiting for that truly special someone, who we beleive will be perfect for her and she will be perfect for them. It doesn't matter how long it takes but they will find her the right home.

I would like to thank everyone for their support on behalf of Anna, and for all the dogs that come into rescue.
A dog wags its tail with its heart.