Rhianna AKA Anna part two

A little lady who arrived at rescue suffering from stress, loss if coat and a skin condition - who is now on the way to recovery a new forever home

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Rhianna AKA Anna part two

Post by Melliott »

So glad things are improving for this little lady, all she needs now is a wonderful forever home, hope you don't have much longer to wait sweetheart.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Vee+Geoff

Post by Vee+Geoff »

Fosterers amazing....
Keep up the good work for Anna, you are giving her the best attention, hope improvements keep coming & someone opens their door to this lovely girl.

We know how hard it is to control all those Lab. urges, food, loves, food, walks, food.....
but all the special help is making a difference.

Best wishes for a happy ending... :1961:

Love, Vee, Geoff & Becky (we love fosterers...)
--------------------------
Always remembering Joy, Gemma, Katie
& rescue chocky Becky buttons, all wonderful Labbies.
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Another bump for Anna
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Hey Baileymum, had to join just to reply, when you say Anna has over 10,000 hits probably half are mine LOL. Since loosing my Daisy in August I call on every day just to see what dogs are looking for a forever home and I pray every night Anna gets a forever home soon.
We took all our dogs stuff to the Labrador Rescue and know it will be put to good use. Our Daisy was only 4 and a half and was a patterdale terrier. She was a great dog and its still hard now without her. We told the lady at Lab resuce we would be looking for another dog in about 12 months time. But Anna has captured my heart so much and really hope she gets that special home she deserves soon. Your doing such a fab job. So yeah half the hits are probably from me, its my ritual go onto Facebook the Lab rescue and see how Anna is doing.
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

Ellie,

I'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss of Daisy, when you are ready the rescue will find you another special friend I'm sure.

But thank you so much for your kind words for Anna, I know I keep saying this but she really is such a sweetie, i think a lot of people are being put off by the way she looks at the moment but she is really looking better and my photos really don't do her justice.

Im sure if people actually came to meet her and see for themselves, then they would be totally smitten especially when she starts shaking her booty

believe me Beyonce has nothing on this girl in the booty stakes :1961:
A dog wags its tail with its heart.
lab_lover
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by lab_lover »

I have just returned from a week in Barcelona, and I'm so sad that Anna is still looking for her forever home :2006:

I almost feel guilty for not been able to offer her a home, but we aren't at home all of the time, and we don't have another dog for her to have as company.

I feel so sad for Anna, I wish someone would offer her a forever home.

Jenny
xxxxx
Simba my beautiful boy, you will always be in my heart, I will miss you forever
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

Anna is looking really really well today, all the redness has disappeared from around her eyes.

My parents have just returned from holiday after being away for 11 days and they can't beleive the difference in her.

My dad can't understand why she is still waiting for a home.

(Did try to persuade them to adopt her but dad wasn't having any of it!!!!)

The right Mum/Dad will come along for her I'm sure.
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Have you any up to date pictures of her Karen.?? would love to see them...
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

kathryn wrote:Have you any up to date pictures of her Karen.?? would love to see them...
Ive taken a quick picture of her this morning, as I have said I think she is looking really well.
Here she is in her usual spot under my desk keeping my feet warm. Bless her. The toffee wrappers are mine......I missed the bin.

kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Karen she looks amazing! you have done a wonderful job with her...thankyou... :1951:
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Karen she is looking so much better. You can hardley see any red. Everything crossed that Anna finds her new home soon. :1954:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

I am so pleased that you all think Anna is looking much better.

It has turned out that Glenys and Kathryn were right. In a home enviroment she has flourished. I can't take all the credit as it has been a joint effort between myself, Glenys, Kathryn and of course the gorgeous Ben (vet), and not forgetting my husband (who sometimes can't be trusted to not leave a plate unattended!!!!) my two boys Daniel and Matthew for their patience in indulging my passion for dogs.

Anna has now been in rescue for 7 weeks, she spent 3 weeks at the kennels and she has now been with me for 4 weeks. For a little girl labrador this is quite a long while to wait for a forever home, so Im really surprised she is still with rescue.

When she came to me as Glenys said she did look like a little ugly duckling waiting to turn into a beautiful little swan, I can confirm that she is well on her in doing so.

We have shortened her name to Anna which she will respond to, but she does respond to the nickname Neil has given her. If you have read my previous updates, Neil made a reference to her reminding him of a meerkat. This is just of the way she stands up on her hind legs with her front paws on the window sill having a nosey to see whats going on. Also if a sound on the television catches her attention she tilts her head from side to side with her ears cocked.

So Neil's nickname for her is..........................

MIA

She is still on the piriton, the special perscription food Hills Z/D but we have cut down on her baths. The Malesab shampoo is to ease the itchiness and as she is not itchy I've decided to see how she gets on without it. So she hasn't had a bath for a week now. So unless she starts to itch because something has triggered it off we are going to see how she gets on without it. I am also going to try and cut back on the piriton so instead of her having 2 tablets twice a day, Im going to try her on one twice a day for the next week and see how she goes on.

Do you know she has had over 11,000 views but still no definite offer of a forever home, it does kind of upset me as she is a lovely little dog. The rescue have an amazing bunch of wonderful supporters but yet I still cant understand why she hasn't found her own mum/dad
What is putting them off I really would like to know could it be the expense.....

But when I compare the cost of Bailey's dry food, also add in a tin of pedigree chum a day, and not forgetting the cost of doggy treats there isn't a great deal of difference.

But if Anna is in a forever home her new mum/dad could possibly do some trial and error work, there is of course different brands of allergen free foods that are a lot cheaper to buy but do the same job. Adding different food types into her diet etc.

Note to self - internet and blag some free samples and give it a go

or is it possibly the fact that she needs some additional training.

She does need work on the lead - Halti collar is working wonders with her.

Most of the boys that come into rescue the majority of them have the line "pulls on lead" tagged onto their description. So beleive me Anna at 26kgs pulling on a lead is a doodle compared to my Bailey at 40kgs pulling on his lead.

Meeting other dogs - she is apprehensive at first especially when they charge at her to play, she does bark at them to say "back off your frightening me" but yet when a dog approaches her calmly then she is no problem.

So come on folks give this little girl a chance to become the Labrador she was born to be......remember that she was kept in a house for 12 hours a day.
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Karen, you are giving me heartbreak. :2006: I am the same as others, I don't know why no-one has offered her a home. :2009: I must admit I would be very tempted if circumstances were different.

You have done a wonderful job on her, she is a credit to you. :1951:

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
JacquiA

Post by JacquiA »

That was a lovely update Anna, you are a clever girl :1951: Your Aunty Karen and Uncle Neil are doing a great job they will really miss you when a forever Mum and Dad come along for you. I do hope it happens soon little girl you deserve it. Love Mollie, Jester and
maxie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by maxie »

How lovely that Anna is doing so well - she looks so happy too. Well done Karen, what a marvellous job you're doing.

Good luck little girl,

Joan