Anna (Rhianna) off to her new life

A little lady who arrived at rescue suffering from stress, loss if coat and a skin condition - who is now on the way to recovery a new forever home

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mollysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Anna (Rhianna) off to her new life

Post by mollysmum »

Anna, don`t let your mum stop these updates as I love to read how you are getting on in and love to see pics of your to see what you have been up to. I don`t always get time to reply but do always read them.
I love to see that you have now been able to retrieve and give to your mum, and your fancy gear that you wear in the travelling pod :thumbright: .
Maybe a new thead for each month would be a good idea, but please don`t stop.
Linda
Flinty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Flinty »

I have to say that I enjoy reading the updates on Anna and her pics too. :1952:
A fat dog is just a puppy with a coat on!
Ludwig and Co
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Ludwig and Co »

Hi Everyone,

You'll never guess where I went last week! Well, I'll tell you from the beginning. Mum's friend Auntie Tina came to visit and then after she had been here a few days, Mum and her loaded up the truck with bags and things, Luddy & me (Evil Hairy One says it should be Luddy and I not Luddy and me but he always has to criticise) jumped in our travel capsule, Hairy brother got in the middle where he always travels (Collie biased favouritism) and we set off on a long journey. I was a bit puzzled as to where we were going because there were no green tweed clothes and things that we took with us last time on a long journey but there was a bag of our food so I knoew we were going for an overnight stay somewhere.

We travelled for ages and I slept most of the way as I knew I would have to conserve my energy for activities when we arrived because Mum always takes us to exciting places. When we got out at the end of the journey the air smelt really weird - not come across that smell before. Both my brothers seemed quite excited and raced off WITHOUT waiting for ME so I followed them over a little ridge and saw . . . .the most massive puddle in the world ever!

Luddy had already crossed a wide line of big pebbles and stones and was racing down some strange golden substance towards the puddle. I followed as fast as I could (and I'm pretty nippy I can tell you), but the stones slowed me down to a walk. Mum said I needed to "man up" and run over them so I told her I would if she would do the same with bare feet as well. Funnily enough she didn't answer that one! Might use it as bargaining for a set of trainers. Once I got onto the strange golden stuff I raced along again, in fact I was going so fast I ran after Lud straight into the puddle without stopping!

What a peculiar puddle - it moved around and had enormous lines of water coming towards me (Lud says these are waves) but I love the water now so I just carried straight on in. I got a bit of a surprise though when a line of water washed over me! Mum had a big bottle half filled with water and she threw it into the puddle for us to retrieve and I was first to it and brought it back. The puddle water tasted really salty. Mum was so pleased with me that she says I may have a career in water retrieving yet. (Some of you may remember the unfortunate lake incident which made Mum doubt my ability in this area - if you don't its way back on this blog.)

Mum said I was better at bringing the bottle back that Lud because as soon as she was about to throw it he raced off in the direction he thought it would go in whereas I (clever me) waited another nano-second (note the scientific terminology - picked up from Uncle Nick the nano-physics researcher) to see which direction it had been thrown in so got to it first. Unfortunately when Lud calmed down he started watching as well so got some of the retrieves for himself!

We did this for ages until Mum said we needed to go to the place we were staying. I didn't want to stop I was having so much fun so I made her promise that we could come again the next day before I would get out of the water. We then raced round on the golden stuff (Evil Hairy One was heard muttering "it's called sand you gundog fool" but I ignored him) until we had dried off and then we set off again. It was only for ten minutes and then we arrived at the place we were staying.

I met loads of new people who all liked me and I also met another little hissing creature. You may remember I met one in the hunting lodge in Gloucestershire but it ran away before I could make its acquaintance. This one didn't run away as such but did the most amazing thing - it RAN up a TREE but it wasn't a squirrel so I don't know what it was. It grew a big fluffy tail in about two seconds and hissed at me. I think these creatures are called Sammies because the people we were staying with kept calling it Sammy. They are very antisocial creatures anyway. Later on when I was on the lawn it dropped out of the tree and sat there hissing and waving at me. Mum and everyone found this hysterical but I couldn't work what it was saying to me at all.

Anyway, we had a great time away despite the Sammy creature and Lud told me we were in North Wales which is where Mum has a house. We did more big puddle swimming (apparently it's called the sea) and loads of running which was fun. I was sorry when eventually we all piled in to the truck again to come home but Mum promised that we could come again and she never breaks her promises.

Well that's all for now,

Anna xxxxxxx
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Wow Anna sounds like you have had a fantastic time you lucky girl!!! Millie likes the sea too (don't like having to clean her off though!). Another great update :hello1: was Sammy by any chance a cat? I'm intrigued. You are such a lucky girl glad you like the water now :hello1: :hello1:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Another wonderful story from lucky Anna. :1954: What a wonderful life she is having. :1956:

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

What a brilliant adventure, Anna, thank you so much for sharing it with us. :love5:

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

What a lovely tale Anna! I wonder whether your mum would adopt me too? You go on such lovely adventures. :1954:
Jackie
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

Another great story Anna - we have a puddle like that just over the dune from us and Jasper, Nina and Dylan like to play in it every day!

Julie
Ludwig and Co
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Ludwig and Co »

Hi Everyone,

It's me again, Anna - I wouldn't blame you if you had forgotten about me as rubbish Mum has not posted a May update for me so you will get a double treat with my May and June combined update.

WELL ---------- it has been a busy time for me! Mum says she is busy in the office but I don't believe her, I think she sits and plays on the computer all day. I, on the other paw, am very busy all the time as my duties are multiplying rapidly. I now have a new duty of "Goldfish Patrol" in the pond in the garden. This means I have to stare intensely at the water til I spot the fish and then put my paw in to try to catch them then when the swim away, race round to the other side of the pond and do it again. Sometimes when they won't cooperate I have to bark at them but it doesn't seem to help. Neither Lud or Evil Hairy One help with this task, I guess they realise that they won't be able to do it as well as me.

Alongside Goldfish Patrol I have Snail Duty. The pond has some really big snails and they often swim on their backs (wish I could do that, I might practise) and look as if they are struggling. They move up to the edge of the pond as well, clearly wanting to get out but they can't quite make it. I have to help them by picking them out and put them on the side. Mum says this is not required and they need to live in the water but I think she is wrong. I am really gentle and never crush the shells or anything so I'm sure they are grateful.

I have been out doing water retrieves in my lake at work. I don't want to sound conceited (new word, Mum used it when I was getting really pleased with myself) or anything but I am absolutely brilliant at this! (have come a long way since my first encounter with the lake - read previous blog pages). Mum makes me sit and then throws the dummy in. It makes a really big splash and I really want to get it then but spoilsport Mum makes me wait until she tells me to "seek dead". I bring it straight back and give it to her and she says I am a really fast swimmer. She makes me sit and wait while she throws one for Luddy and sometimes I can't wait and have to jump in as well then she looks a bit sad and says I'm naughty. I'm not really, I just love my work so much. It's hot today so Mum says we can work in the lake this evening. You may ask what the Evil Hairy One is doing while we work - well, he minces round paddling but refuses to go over his elbows in the water. I think he can't swim or is scared but I don't dare say that to him or he might get me. I get really wet swimming so I think it is only fair to share some of my water with Mum so I shake loads and she gets just as wet as me - hah!

Mum has bought me a new item of clothing - you'll never guess what it is so I'll tell you - it is a pink fleece sports bra! I have a photo to put on here of me wearing it.

She got it because I still haven't grown much hair back under my neck and she didn't want me to wear my necklace for a bit. As a special treat, she also got me a pink heart ID disc to go on it. The Evil Hairy one sniggered so much when he saw it that he nearly fell over but I think it is ace - all the other girls that I play with in the field are really jealous. Speaking of fields, I was playing tag with Mum in the field the other morning and she slid on the wet grass and landed on her back so I jumped on top of her before she could get up and then with Luddy's help, pinned her down for cuddles. She said that 54kg of wet Labrador on your chest makes it quite hard to sit up! I told her to do some more sit ups as clearly she wasn't strong enough but she just laughed and told me not to be cheeky. I wasn't being cheeky, it was a serious helpful suggestion.

I have also made some new friends - you remember those large woolly creatures I met on the South Downs when I was on holiday there which Spoilsport Mum would not let me meet? Well, I finally got to talk to some and we chat every day now when I go on my morning run so here is a picture of me with them.

I did meet another creature who I thought would be friends as it came over to see me but it hissed at me and waved its feathers and Luddy told me to come away or it might KILL me!!! I was going to practise a water retrieve with it but I didn't like the sound of that so I came away which Mum said was probably quite a wise move. Here it is below.

I think that's all for now, let me know if you still enjoy reading my reports and I'll make sure Mum does one for July.

Lots of love,

Anna xxx
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Dear Anna, we just love reading your reports. You're such a special girl. Keep them coming.
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Wonderful update, it's always nice to get another amusing tale. :1954: :1956: I think Anna must be a very lucky lady. :1961:

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Lovely to hear from you again Anna, I really look forward to your updates. Love you Pind Fleece Sports Bra it really suits you. What a great time you are having and what responsibilty having to look after the goldfish. Till next time :love2:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
carolb
Homing Coordinator
Homing Coordinator

Post by carolb »

Yes Anna please ask Mum to continue with the updates. We love them :1992: Mum must love having a special girl who has such a super sense of humour :lol:
Rehoming co ordinator. Tel 07399559202.
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

O'h Anna it's sooo lovely to hear from you I check every day if there's an update on how you are doing. Love the sports bra Millie has one in blue but it's not as posh as yours. She's also had a similar experience with the swans, and Luddy is quite right it may try to kill you, the one Millie shouted at in her loudest voice had little ones with it so doubly vicious :2008:

Tell Mum we all love reading your updates :thumbright:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
barrovia
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by barrovia »

Lovely to hear from you again Anna, I was only thinking while walking the other day that we hadn't heard from you in a while. :1961: I love to read and always look forward to your updates. :love5:
Love Pink Fleece Sports Bra it really suits you. What a great time you are having and what responsibilty having to look after the goldfish, it sounds a great job. :thumbright:

Mandy x