The Pups

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

The Pups

Post by Glenys »

Gracie has five black sons one black Girl and One choc Girl (7)

Rose has two black girls two black boys and one choc boy. (5)

I am happy they didnt have overly large litters I am surprised really as they ran with the male.

Now we watch them grow and grow :thumbright:
xxxLabLoverxxx

Re: The Pups

Post by xxxLabLoverxxx »

sorry if this is a simple question but could there be further problems (hope to goodness not) with the pups if it turned out that it was gracie and roses brother that fathered them ?

Sal x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

No shouldnt be as they are pretty well bred dogs if they were poor types then yes.
In some ways close breeding whilst frowned upon by some is not dangerous in quality bred dogs and as a one off but non of these pups would be suitable for breeding we will put terms in place to ensure that doesnt happen.
xxxLabLoverxxx

Post by xxxLabLoverxxx »

oh thats good then....they've been through enough traumas - heres to happy lives to them all from now on !!!!!

thanks x
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

When will you be asking people interested in adopting to apply? x
Emma
LabRes1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LabRes1 »

I've had my instructions from the Govenor to draw up the application form - it will be done in a different way than our normal application process.

Its been hectic at work so i'll get it done asap and online - each application will be considered on its own merits - Glenys will make any final decisionns as to the homes that the pups go to - if you apply and dont get one it will not be any reflection on the applicant - with the best will in the world deciding where 12 pups go when there will be a lot of applications will be a difficult one and obviously there will be some dissappointed people
-------------------------------
Canine Hydrotherapist Training
Canine Therapies Academy
www.caninetherapiesacademy.co.uk
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

I think we can trust Glenys to make sure that the pups go to the most appropriate homes, after all they are very special and deserve the very best.

I think there will be lots of applicants - pups always attract a lot of interest!

Gracie and Rosie have had such lovely puppies, they too deserve the best homes, and it is from now on that 12 puppies and 2 mummy's lives begin.

Good luck to all these precious labs.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Melliott wrote:I think we can trust Glenys to make sure that the pups go to the most appropriate homes, after all they are very special and deserve the very best.

I think there will be lots of applicants - pups always attract a lot of interest!

Gracie and Rosie have had such lovely puppies, they too deserve the best homes, and it is from now on that 12 puppies and 2 mummy's lives begin.

Good luck to all these precious labs.

Love Michelle X

Couldnt agree more!

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

I might be being a bit thick here :2019: :2019: but not knowing anything about breeding dogs - can I ask - seeing that there are both choc and black pups will there have been chocolate labs in past lines???? I know people breed black and yellow labs together but I thought chocolate labs were a different thing. In fact when we first got our first lab when I was about 10 yrs old I am not so sure chocolate labs existed I might be wrong as I say I know nothing about breeding. And while I am at it has anyone heard of a Red Labrador???

Gill

Having said all that these pups are lovely and hopefully all will go to very loving homes as will there mums. I think they have been so lucky coming to their foster mums and it has been great what you have all done. :1954: :1954: :1954:
I have been instructed by hubby not to look at the pups 8) 8) . He goes into panic mode everytime I mention them!!!!!
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

[quote="Mad Maisie"]I might be being a bit thick here :2019: :2019: but not knowing anything about breeding dogs - can I ask - seeing that there are both choc and black pups will there have been chocolate labs in past lines???? I know people breed black and yellow labs together but I thought chocolate labs were a different thing. In fact when we first got our first lab when I was about 10 yrs old I am not so sure chocolate labs existed I might be wrong as I say I know nothing about breeding. And while I am at it has anyone heard of a Red Labrador???

Gill

I think this refers to the colour Red Fox (correct me if I am wrong) which is still classed as yellow.

The yellow ranges from pale cream to red fox.
A dog wags its tail with its heart.
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

baileysmum wrote:
Mad Maisie wrote:I might be being a bit thick here :2019: :2019: but not knowing anything about breeding dogs - can I ask - seeing that there are both choc and black pups will there have been chocolate labs in past lines???? I know people breed black and yellow labs together but I thought chocolate labs were a different thing. In fact when we first got our first lab when I was about 10 yrs old I am not so sure chocolate labs existed I might be wrong as I say I know nothing about breeding. And while I am at it has anyone heard of a Red Labrador???

Gill

I think this refers to the colour Red Fox (correct me if I am wrong) which is still classed as yellow.

The yellow ranges from pale cream to red fox.
I see - so the labs which are a deeper colour would be classed as red. I can understand that as it very much like the colour of the fox.
Linda&David
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Linda&David »

Mad Maisie wrote: know people breed black and yellow labs together but I thought chocolate labs were a different thing. In fact when we first got our first lab when I was about 10 yrs old I am not so sure chocolate labs existed I might be wrong as I say I know nothing about breeding

The first chocolate labrador in England was seen in 1807.
Part of the Duke of Malmesbury's Labrador Kennel but i didnt see it :2008:

David.
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Linda&David wrote:
Mad Maisie wrote: know people breed black and yellow labs together but I thought chocolate labs were a different thing. In fact when we first got our first lab when I was about 10 yrs old I am not so sure chocolate labs existed I might be wrong as I say I know nothing about breeding

Really David?? You sure? :1967:

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Oooo-er...don't know what happened there...must have gremlins!
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Linda&David wrote:

David.
Blimey so far back!!!! Well you learn something everyday :study: So can a lab have any colour no matter what colour the mum and dad are???

Gill