Gracie's new family

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Gracie's new family

Post by Ablineth »

Gracie as you know is going to have two brothers and a sister. I thought you might like to hear a little about them and of course I will master putting pics up.
Sister Scooby is an 8 year old, brindle, staffyX(what the cross is we do not know).
We got Scoob as a pup from a lady who was fostering her mum for a rescue--sound familiar?
Scooby's mum was a little Staffy who someone had tried to kill with what was thought was the edge of a spade as when found she had three deep cuts and depressions across her forehead. The little dog was taken to a rescue and put into a foster home where it was found out she was pregnant--maybe that is why someone tried to kill her we will never know.
Eight pups were born and all safely reared the lady and the rescue then tried to find homes for them. We at the time were looking for a puppy and managed to locate Scooby and her litter mates and arranged to look at them.
Scoob was the only brindle the rest were black, my daughter and myself went to look at the pups with Geoff's words ringing in our ears, " Don't get brindle get a black one".
We got to the house and met the family which included Scooby's mum, oh what a mess someone had made of her head, three deep grooves across her skull. I firmly believe that any breed other than a staffy would have died. The pups were fabulous boisterous little things all except one--can you see where this is going--- Scooby, so named as it was" Scooby -Doo where are you?", she used to hide behind the sofa, she was shy. Scooby is the one we picked and brought home, she is a typical terrier in that she can be willfull and will always have the last bark but she is a fantastic dog. Scooby is fabulous, greying a little around her muzzle but as fit as a flea, she can clear any gate or fence if she wants to usually from a stand still, she is a good "ratter" and yet will lick a newly hatched chick clean she is going to be a fabulous big sister to Gracie. :2378:
Ky
I am joy in a woolly coat, come to dance in your life, to make you laugh.
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Gracie's new family

Post by Emma T »

Hello, Scooby sounds fab, it sounds as though Gracie has got the most fantastic home waiting for her, I think she is so beautiful too. The story of Scooby and her mum is shocking, the older I get the more I despair of the world sometimes. I hope she got a home as lovely as Scooby did. x
Emma
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Looking forward to pics of Scooby, she sounds a character and sounds like a good companion for a young lab....as long as she doesn't teach her to jump the garden wall! :1962:

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ablineth »

No she will not do that, she never leaves the property. We are lucky as we have 3 acres for them to play in. Scooby merely jumps from paddock to paddock whilst we lesser mortals go through the gates.!

Ky
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Great to hear about your Scooby and looking forward to pics later. Not great hearing about her poor mum - so shocking! Hope whoever was responsible rots in hell.
Sounds like Gracie is going to have a fantastic time playing with her new sister and brothers, and loads of room. Wonderful!

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Wow what a start poor Scooby had! Did you ever find out whether Scooby's mum was ok long term after the attack? Poor love!!
She sound great though - a complete sweetie. We know about Mif but what about her other brother?
Gemma x
Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ablineth »

Scooby's mum was fine and ended up staying at her "foster" mums. There seemed to be no long term damage apart from the horrendous creases across her forehead.
Some people can be so cruel. :(

Ky
Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ablineth »

Hopefully pics will have worked and give you an idea of Gracies new brothers and sister.
:1968:

Mij in the icey water whilst sensible Bob watches on.
Playtime in the snow, Scooby, Bob and Mij.
Scooby caught napping in the sun--she is perched on Geoff's jumper on the magazine rack!!!
Mij very relaxed in brother Bob's small basket.
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

What lovely piccys. Thanks for sharing them with us. If only Gracie knew what she has in store for her!

Can't wait for you to take her home Ky and keep us all updated on her progress.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Wonderful, Gracie should fit right in with her background! :thumbright:

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Lovely pics!

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
mollysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollysmum »

Great pictures, can`t wait to see more pictures including your new addition when she arrives.
Linda
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

I am sure Gracie is going to love her new home and her brothers and sisters, the pictures of them are lovely, can't wait to see new ones of Gracie when she meets them all.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
carolb
Homing Coordinator
Homing Coordinator

Post by carolb »

Hi Ky
Glad you`ve joined the site ready for keeping us updated on Gracie`s new life. She is counting the days down until she can restart her childhood :lol:
Rehoming co ordinator. Tel 07399559202.
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

Hi Ky!
I can certainly vouch for the fact that Gracie will have a very loving family home and will get the best of everything.

Scoobs, Bob and Mij all get on well together and I am sure Mij will love another labrador in the pack!

Mij is a really funny boy. He is so gentle and so enthusiastic about living life to the full. I laughed when I saw the picture of him in the goose bath. Completely opposite to his brother Buddie who doesn't really like the water much! :2026: