Gracie's new family

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Gracie's new family

Post by Ann Mee »

Great pictures of your 3 Ky, I did laugh at the pictures of Mij in the icy water and in his brother's bed! What a sense of humour he has got. Just what Gracie needs, lots of companions she will have a wonderful time with you all.

Ann x

:thumbup:
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Hi Ky.

What a lovely home Gracie is going to have. Lots of playmates. Loved the pictures and looking forward to some more when Gracie joins you.

:love3:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ablineth »

Time to mention Gracie's new brother Bob. As you can see he is a very handsome Welsh Collie but he had a terrible start in life. We adopted him from a local rescue and only after doing the paper work did we discover the horrors.
Bob's mum along with over 50 other collies were found living in freezing conditions--some literally standing knee deep in freezing water. Some had died where they were chained and others to survive were eating the bodies.Bobs mum was taken into care heavily pregnant and just like Gracies story it was Christmas time. It was touch and go whether she survived as she had such a massive worm burden as well as being extremely emaciated. Bob and 7 siblings were born all with huge worm burdens. Four puppies died within days leaving Bob and 3 brothers. For a long while it was touch and go with these surviving four especially Bob as he was so tiny. He survived as did his brothers and his mum.
Eventually justice was done as the guy was taken to court and banned from keeping animals for life as well as jailed. The story was so bad it even made news at 10 at the time. Personally I think that flogging followed by more flogging followed by castration and hanging would have been better.
Bob is divine, a gentle soul who lives to play especially ball :2093: . He is without a doubt the most intelligent dog I have ever come across and from being tiny has learnt things so quickly.His one quirk is when water from a bucket or a hose spills onto the ground he stares at the water soaking away and then digs furiously to find it all the time looking puzzled as to where the water is going.
He is going to teach Gracie how to play and show her what fun is, she is so lucky to have sweet, gentle Bob to teach her.

Ky
I am joy in a woolly coat, come to dance in your life, to make you laugh.
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Hi Ky .

Avery sad story but with a happy ending.Gracie will have much fun with her new brother Bob in learning how to play.

Kay .x
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Oh my goodness - it just doesn't bare thinking about does it.
I completely agree with ...
Ablineth wrote:Personally I think that flogging followed by more flogging followed by castration and hanging would have been better.
and would probably like to think of some punishments of my own!! :2012: :2012:
Amazing the resilience of dogs though - that they can forgive after that!!
Gemma
arlyj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by arlyj »

I love the photos of your pack - Gracie is going to have a wonderful time.

I'm horrified by the background stories of both Scooby and Bob - unbelievable cruelty, I am stuck for words.

Arlyn x
Labs - mud, hair, drool, love, laughs, life.....
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

Hi
I can't believe the poor starts that both Scooby and Bob had... they're so lucky to have found a loving family as is Mij and soon Gracie will be joining the fun!

Good luck I hope everything works out for Gracie in her new forever home! Somehow I don't think she's ever going to look back!

:love3:
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Gracie is going to have a ball!!!!!!

Dreadful start to life for Scoob and Bob but look at them now :love2: :love2:

Gill, Meg and Maisie

:love5:
SueA
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SueA »

He is going to teach Gracie how to play and show her what fun is
Ky, if she's anything like Kizzy, it'll be the other way around!

The first week, I thought I'd got a dream-she was on her very best behaviour (just like the kids in a new class at the beginning of September). Since then, (just like the kids...)her real character has come out-she's full of life, play, mischief, devilment......But there's not an ounce of harm or nastiness in her. I can take her bone out of her mouth, get my face close to hers, put my hand in her food bowl, towel her down, look at her wound, inspect her paws- no trouble at all.

I just wonder, not having met Gracie or Rose, if they're the same temperament. I would think so. Also, I wonder, having had pups, if it's altered them in any way- made them quieter, more responsible, more mature than their spinster sister!

Bet you can't wait to fetch her! I hope to go to the funday in the summer with Kizzy. Hope you do too, it'll be great to see if they remember each other. (Rose and Fudge too)

Sue
Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ablineth »

I am reckoning on Gracie being a fully grown 4 month old pup!! :1970:
When we picked them up Gracie was the shy one who hung back but that could be that she was only 48 hours away from having the pups. Poor thing should have been somewhere warm and felt safe rather than being bundled around like a piece of luggage!!

I cannot wait to see Kizzy again and she how she has grown up. They were all only a part of my life for a couple of hours but they made such a lasting impression, on both of us really as Geoff is interested to hear how Gracies sisters are doing.
:2063:

Ky
gillyb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillyb »

What sad starts in life Scooby and Bob had, what terrible things go on. They are so lucky and are very happy Grace will have a wonderful life with you all.

Gillx
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am...

We can now deliver our pies to most places in the U.K www.bestporkpie.co.uk
Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ablineth »

I thought I would just like to say we are finding time to go so slowly :2090:

We are so looking forward to the day when Carol and Glenys say the Gracie can be released from her maternal duties.

Still it is lovely to know that more time has gone now than is left to go. :hello2:

I know we have the rest of her life but at the moment it is like being a child waiting for Christmas. :bounce: :bounce:

Ky
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Ky
Just caught up on your post about Bob. How shocking! So terribly sad for all those poor dogs.

On a brighter note, looking forward to your posts when you have been joined by the lovley Gracie.

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ablineth »

Mij ,Scooby-doo and Bob are still waiting for their new sister and say they hope it will not be too much longer cos they want to play and show her all their favourite muddy places!! :1966: :bounce: :bounce:

So hurry up Gracie we want you!! :1954:
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

What a beautiful little gang you have, Gracie will make it perfect! x
Emma