Autumn - another girl that needs Labrador Rescue!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Autumn - another girl that needs Labrador Rescue!

Post by Lins »

Well done again Karen. Glad Bailey is in love. Autumn probably doesn't know she has an expert to look after her, maybe you should put her in touch with Anna and they can have a chin wag (and a tail wag of course). Thanks again Karen for taking this poor girl on and good luck with her.
:love5:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Oh dear, I am in tears because this lovely girl looks in such a state - but big thanks to Karen to giving this girl a warm loving home because she will definately benefit from the love and care Karen can give her.

Regarding the tail split we had this with Barney - my word when he wagged his tail and it caught the wall/cupboard/door etc there was blood everywhere, but with careful bandaging and dressing it daily - we found the self sticking stuff to be the only thing that stayed on - he was completely cured and has had no problems since - the vet wanted to amputate - which I didn't want to consider!!

Good luck to this little girl - I look forward to more updates and seeing her looking the picture of health which I know will happen.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Both Karen and I looked like we had witnessed a massacre blood everywhere over us good job we are not to sqeamish amazing that really with dogs yet people yuk..... and the vets surgery was covered as well ears and tails bleed badly.
We were also taught how to correctly bandage a tail it was amazing a work of art but now I know I may be able to do it again if need be.

Karen will update us on dear Autumn who is lovely even though after skin scrapes etc she looke like an accident victim.
Someone somewhere out there will love this girl so let hope a home is found wher she can be happy ever after like Rhainna is.

A big thank you too to our Vets at Hillcrest Animal Hospital who are brilliant.
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Love Billy's flowers. How thoughtful of him.

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
lucy73
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lucy73 »

Well done Karen for taking in Autumn - I'm sure she'll soon start to improve with all the loving care she will get from you and Bailey :love5:
Lucy, Lesley & Tasha xx
natty

Post by natty »

What a brave girl this dog is putting up with a skin condition and a split tail. cant wait to see a picture of her looking a bit happier. The sooner those results are back the better.
I am glad that her last owners thought of the rescue and didn't get her put to sleep.

Karen give her an extra gentle cuddle from me please :love5: do you have any ideas on what you will feed her on for now?
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

So glad that Autumn has arrived in the safe hands of the rescue and Karen - I'm sure she'll soon be looking better with the right medication and a stress free environment (and Bailey to worship her!).

Nina suffers from split tail (normally when we go to my mum's and she bangs it on the wall near the back door!). The first time it happened in our kitchen it looked like there'd been a massacre. She now has a bald patch on the end of her tail and it does bleed occasionally if she bangs it against a rough surface. My mum had a tube in her tummy for kidney dialysis and I found that the gauze and tape they gave her for this was the best thing to keep the tail covered!! Our vet did say that if it didn't heal, we should consider amputation but as we have Dylan with only 3 legs, I thought people might think I have a thing for chopping bits of my dogs so I said I'd rather it heal up on it's own and deal with it when it does split!

Our 3 send Autumn big hugs and best wishes and great bit licks to Karen for coming to Autumn's aid!

Julie, Nina, Japser & Dylan
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

Glenys wrote:It takes special people to Foster dogs because often these dogs need extra special care and also Vet trips there are highs and lows and then in the case of the short term fosters ie those who dont end up keeping them due to old age etc.. there is the bitter sweet experience of handing them over to a new owner but a great sense of pride as well as they have turned that dogs life around.

We as a rescue can foot the bills for them through kind generosity to our rescue supporters and funds but the real work is done by the foster parents.

Its was sad to see Autumn yesterday in the state she was in but again I know Karen will turn her around with love and care
Having 'Fostered' ( and failed ) several times, I can only say that I second Glenys's remarks and that we are all proud of you !! Your reward will be to see 'Autumn' in good health again when you have finished.
Well Done, again, and Good Luck !
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

Thank God Autumn has arrived at the rescue and is now getting all the love and attention she so deserves!

Well done Karen for taking on another mammoth task! You worked wonders with Anna and I'm sure you will do the same for Autumn! Look forward to reading the progress reports!

:love3:
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Glenys and the team do it again!!!! Well Done Karen you are a star!!!

Gill, Meg and Maisie

:love6: :love6: :love6:
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

natty wrote:What a brave girl this dog is putting up with a skin condition and a split tail. cant wait to see a picture of her looking a bit happier. The sooner those results are back the better.
I am glad that her last owners thought of the rescue and didn't get her put to sleep.

Karen give her an extra gentle cuddle from me please :love5: do you have any ideas on what you will feed her on for now?
Please don't worry about this little girl, in spite of her condition she is a very happy soul.

The reason she split her tail in the first place was she was wagging it with gusto when i went to meet her at the kennels on Saturday.

I am seriously thinking of changing her name to "Summer" instead of "Autumn" as she has a "sunny" personality. But I will leave that for her new forever home, to decide.

We took her for a walk with Bailey last night and as Neil was with me we let her off the lead on the park (didn't realise how difficult chocolate labs are to see in the dark lol) she is so good trotted quite happily beside you and doesn't wander far from you, her recall is excellent she comes straight back to you when you call her.

As Glenys has said she does look like an accident victim, and yes she is in a worse state than Anna was but we will get her looking her best. If I can get her to stay still long enough I will take some pictures.

I'm in for a treat later will have to call on the troops, her bandage has come off so have to replace that (now that will be fun).

Natty the kiss will be no problem as soon as she gets back from her walk with Neil and Bailey it will be delivered.
A dog wags its tail with its heart.
natty

Post by natty »

Oh now you have cheered me up now. she is obviously in the right hands.
I think you are right about the name, perhaps it does suggest a sadness. :2039:

Myself I love autumn time its my favorite season :thumbright: :thumbright:
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

Thank you so much for the card I will print it off and put it on my mantlepiece.
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

Hello everyone,

I thought it was about time that I introduced myself, my name is Autumn and I am four years old.

I have come to stay with Aunty Karen for a little while till I can find a new forever home.

I am a little unwell at the moment, I have a skin condition which the nice vets will do some tests to see what/if I am allergic to anything but in the meantime the vet has prescribed the following, hypoallergenic food and "spa treatments" twice a week. Now that I can live with. The food is a bit bland but if it will help me then that's okay.

My "spa treatment" consists of a soothing malesab bath.......but if she comes near me with those waxing strips then I'm off.

Here is a picture of me having my "spa treatment" on sunday. But not with the Lynx that's Matt's to help him pull the "birds" he says.

Then later curled up on the sofa for a snooze

Then watching Uncle Neil make some scones for tea.

Then off for a run with my foster brother Bailey

I will pop back on in a couple of days to let you all know how I'm getting on, and perhaps Aunty Karen will have learned how to use the flash on her camera by then.

bye for now

mwwah (big kiss)