Sad day.

Discuss anything in here that is NOT dog related.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Sad day.

Post by Lins »

For those of you who know, we loved a larger than life character in our family. It is with a heavy heart that I am gutted to have to inform you that we lost our beloved parrot Earl last night.

To say he will be missed is an understatement. He literally ruled the roost. Thinking about it, he ruled us all, especially his best friend Molly. He was always giving her orders!

I know, some will say he was only a bird but, he was my little sweetheart.

Fly with the angels Earl X you will always have a special place in our hearts.

As you often used to say when we took Molly for her walk........''see you later''

Rest in peace little man. x x x
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
labradora
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Sad day.

Post by labradora »

Oh Lins, I am so sorry to read this.
Fly free Earl :love2: .
Sending you love and prayers.
Linda xxx
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Oh Lins, I am so very sad to hear about your loss of Earl, even though I do not know any of you really, I was thinking about Earl, and not having heard about his antics for quite some time.
R I P Earl, fly free and please keep our boys and girls at the bridge in check.
Thinking of you all.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Oh no Lins I know how much Earl meant to you all and I'm sincerely sorry to hear about his passing. Over the years your posts on Earl's antics have always made me smile, he definitely ruled supreme, he kept the dogs in check and certainly let you know if things weren't to his liking. What a character!!! I can imagine how quiet your house must be now but what a wonderful legacy of happy memories he's left behind him.

Words can't help to ease your grief now Lins it's too soon but I hope you will gain some comfort in the future that cheeky Earl was loved and will be remembered by many on this Lab Rescue Forum. He was and never will be "just a bird" he was a unique member of this Rescue Forum and, of course, a beloved family member.

Fly over the Bridge Earl and keep all our beloved labs in check for us.
Joan and George x
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Oh Lins, I wasn’t expecting to hear this. I am so sorry. I know that Earl was a huge part of your life, and you will miss him terribly. He sounded as though he was a larger than life character, and a big presence. Bless him.....fly with the Angels, Earl. Xxx
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Oh I am sorry to read your post Lins, I remember the stories, pictures and videos of Earl that you have shared on here of a handsome grey lad with lots of character.....'spirited' you might say. His antics have made me smile and I hope that in time your special memories of such a unique companion will bring you some comfort
Thinking of you,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

I also remember reading about Earl with fondness. He made me laugh. I know you will miss him hugely so these are for you :love3:

Jane and Lily
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Oh, Linda, I’m so sorry to hear you’ve lost your beloved Earl. I loved reading stories about him and his antics. As you say, he certainly ruled the roost.
Sending you love and hugs. Fly free at the Bridge, sweet Earl.
xx
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

That is such sad news. I used to love reading about Earl he sounded such a great character and so clever. They are never just birds, or dogs etc., they are our family and the best ones in my opinion all of my animals have meant the world to me and I have grieved more for them than I have anyone else in my life. Thinking of you all at this sad time.

Fly sweet Earl.

Jackie x
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Hi Linda

So sorry to hear about your beloved Earl. Reunited now with the big fella :2379:

Love Alison x
Labs-R-Lovely
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Labs-R-Lovely »

Dear Lins, so sorry to read your sad news. I enjoyed reading about Earl. He was definitely an honorary Lab. xx
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

I missed your post Lins. I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.
Earl was a handsome chap as well as entertaining and I know how much you will miss him.
Fly free Earl.
Jackie
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Thank you all for your lovely comments and comforting words.

I never ever thought I would feel this way at the loss of my beloved Earl. He was not just a parrot, he was truly one of the family. It was like having a seven year old in the house, a cheeky one at that.

I never realised until now how my days revolve around my animals. Earl used to come out every day, with Molly in the same room. They were best of friends (I think) because Earl used to tell Molly what to do.

I have a new cage that sits empty and quiet now, and I miss him so much. I have leaky eyes again!

Thanks again for all your kind words. it's comforting when other like minded folk know just how it feels.

As Earl would say......"see ya later" :cry3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

So very sorry to read you have lost your beloved Earl, he had a big character and used to love reading your tales about him and know he will have left a huge void in all your lives.

Thinking about you at this sad time :love3:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.