Can I introduce my boy Blue ?

A place to put general photos of your dogs - we love to see them

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Can I introduce my boy Blue ?

Post by Ann Mee »

Jo I am so sorry to read your very sad news, & yes they do leave a massive hole in our lives. Sending :bighug: s to you at this very sad time. Run free :love darling Blue

Ann X
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
jo robinson
New User
New User

Post by jo robinson »

Thank you again everyone xxxxxxx
I have spent most of the day in tears.
We have been talking and have decided to put the wheels in motion for adopting another lab straight away just cannot imagine being without a dog in our lives now we have the time the love and the moors to walk on, nothing will replace Blue he was such a great dog but the house has such a huge lab shaped hole in it now :(
Put my application in on here not sure how long it all takes but it will take as long as it takes.

But thanks again for the support it means a lot xxxxx
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Oh Jo, I'm so very sorry to hear about your sad loss. Blue was a stunner. Most of us know how you are feeling (brick in stomach, hole in heart) but I'm sure Blue won't mind you giving another lovely girl/boy a loving home. You can never, ever replace them but, another will go a very long way in mending your broken heart. Good luck. :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggie May »

I am so sorry that you have lost your lovely boy Blue, he certainly was a lovely lad.

Thinking of you at this very sad time. :love3:
Kay
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Jo we are so sorry to read about your loss,I know how you feel, devastated .
Run free gorgeous Blue.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly x
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

So very sorry to read that you have lost your beloved Blue and most on here know what you are going through and really do understand your heartache. What a wonderful life he had with you after basically being written off by the RSPCA, that must have been due to your excellent loving care.

Blue was such a great ambassador for the breed that you now feel you want to adopt another as soon as you can. I'm sure Blue will be looking down smiling thinking what a great job he did in adopting you as you will now go on and help another lab in need.

Thinking of you and I hope your broken heart will begin to mend soon, you won't forget Blue he will always be with you.

Joan and George x
Joan and George x
jo robinson
New User
New User

Post by jo robinson »

Oh Jean thank you xxx
All these posts keep setting me off :cry3: I feel like I have been hit by a truck today :blue:

I have always loved labs my parents bred my childhood dog and I watched her being born she passed in my late teens and then I had a huge gap with no dog until Blue and he quite possibly saved my life!! not to be too dramatic, after we got him he basically didn't know what a walk was!! the poor lad had been kept in a run outside due to his first family having toddlers so I walked him for miles whistle trained him and within weeks he was amazing :) during this time I noticed even though I was fitter weight was piling on and I was feeling rough :( it was the fact that I was walking up and down moors but piling weight on that sent me to my GP.

To cut a very long and boring story short I discovered I have multiple autoimmune diseases affecting my thyroid and liver and that my liver in particular is in a poor state now :( he has been such I massive help for me coping with my illness,walking is a massive help with my health and mood and owning a lab certainly means you get out :) I'm still young at 46 but without having him around perhaps I may not have got out of bed some days and I do wonder just how long it would have taken for me to spot things were wrong in the first place!!.

Hes been a massive part of my life I will miss him so much :blue:
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

So very sorry that you have lost your beautiful lad Blue, he sounds very special and I can understand why you feel able to offer a home to another - that's his legacy.
Blue's photos are lovely and I'm sure you treasure them.
Thinking of you :love3:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Megsmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Megsmum »

Have just caught up with your sad story - and really feel for you.
What a handsome boy he was and how lucky that you both found each other and had such happy times together.
Please let us know how you get on with your plans to give another gorgeous Lab a loving home.
Thinking of you :love3:
Run free at the Bridge, sweet Blue :love2: xx
Helen and Merry x

Remembering my beautiful Meg 1992-2008 and my darling Mollie 2009-2018