Peppa is the star of the show...........tuesday's blog......

Due to be put to sleep at 9 weeks old Peppa is now with the rescue where she will be cared for. Peppa now has a future - follow here progress here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Peppa is the star of the show...........tuesday's blog......

Post by Ablineth »

Peppa is still adorable and cuddlacious ( is there is such a word).

Last night she wanted a cuddle and who am I to refuse so having got the towel on my knee lifted her up for a belly rub, she threw herself backwards into the crook of my arm and dozed off and went very heavy, nothing unusual there but when she was fully relaxed I glanced down at her nether regions and there it was the first trickle and the trickle continued till the towel and my knee we lovely and warm but I just could not bear to wake her up, she was dreaming and looked so scrummy. Eventually I had to wake her up to go outside with the others ( and for me to have a shower and change) and there is the sad part whilst she now wees nearly every time she goes outside when she wakes up her bladder is empty and she has not a clue what she is supposed to be doing :1001:

Today was a show day and of course where I go my little black precious bundle goes. Dogs are not allowed in poultry tents at all under any cicumstances that is unless you are a little black incontinent rescue puppy and then not only are you allowed in but you are made a fuss of all day and fed a little bit of sausage at breakfast time and talked to and loved and cooed over and everything by everybody including a film crew with the most amazing fur covered microphone which Peppa thought looked to be a perfect toy and it just had to keep being lunged at :rofl:

I had entered a turkey today and spent weeks preparing the bird but there just was not room for turkey's cage and puppy's crate and so turkey stayed at home :1001:
The amount of paraphanalia we had to take was amazing, puppy pads, toys, towels. vet bed, toys, dishes, food, toys, treats etc etc in fact those of you who have a baby will know exactly what I mean.

We were up before 5, birds ready and loaded and off before 7, now just a witter for a few hundred yards and then she slept all the way to Anglesey. I penned the birds and then carried her in wrapped in a towel to light hearted jibes such as " what class is that in?" and " no dogs allowed" and all the time watching peoples faces light up when they saw a puppy. Geoff brought her crate in and in she went along with a mottley asortment of toys. Bless her she amused herself and fell asleep till she smelled the bacon sandwiches and so she was alowed a tiny morsel of sausage as a special treat and then she dozed off again. How she slept I do not know as several hundred chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys make one hell of a row.
Once the tent was opened after judging she acted like a magent especially for children and so lots and lots of children had puppy licks and more importantly lots of people took the rescue details. :bravo:
Lunchtime Geoff and I had to go to the marquee in shifts and so dined seperately :cry3: but someone had to puppy sit.

When everyone had gone home I put Peppa on a lead for the first time, she was not impressed at all but soon got the hang of trotting along so now having broken the ice it is something else I shall build into her day.

Peppa was amazing today, so good, a bit yappy if I went out of her line of sight but that is to be expected it is perhaps as well she was good as she has it all to do again on thursday and again on saturday as we have 2 more shows this weekend--unlike the turkey who will stay firmly at home :rofl:

Now safely home and doing the days washing ( the car was a bit whiffy on the way home) when you see it all in one pile there is a heck of a lot especially as she has spent time in her crate rolling about and ruffling the absorbant pads up.

Her experiences today including the incredibly noisy fun fair next to the marquee, the constant ooh and aaahh, the children, the tv crew etc etc etc should all stand her in good stead for later.

A game tonight outside with Grayse who had pinched an apple off the tree and puppy was doing her best to weedle it from Grayse and when that did not work the hooligan approach of jumping on Grayse's back and climbing on her head and grabbing her jowls and pulling as hard as she could till Grayse had to let go and than a gentle chase around the lawn with lots of play growls, absolutely hilarious :1968: :1968: :1968:

Thanks to everyone who is sponsoring Kay in her swim, Peppa I know would thank you if she could.

Now well and truly wine o'clock so iechyd da everyone

Ky and Peppa puppy ( star of the show)
I am joy in a woolly coat, come to dance in your life, to make you laugh.
Judynjake04
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Peppa is the star of the show...........tuesday's blog..

Post by Judynjake04 »

What a day you've all had,apart from the turkey of course, no wonder the wine is coming out.
Thank for the update Ky, fun to read as always.
:rofl: :rofl:
Leonette, Stuart and Rosie
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Great update Ky. She sounds so adorable. :love2: Looks as if the Turkey will be safe from the Pot at Christmas also :rofl:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Blakey
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Blakey »

Well, what an exciting day little Peppa has had. It seems she's stolen a fair few hearts already bless her. :love2: :love2:

Love

JOANNE

XXX
Blake - My Special Boy, Forever In My Heart
gillal1
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillal1 »

Ky what a busy life you lead you put so many people to shame :bravo:
Peppa is probably the luckiest pup from her litter because even with all her problems she has landed herself the best foster home and such a brilliant start in life :thumbup:

Your stories are so entertaining to read you are truly Wonder Woman :1951:

Gill,Milly and Lilly x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Great update Ky thank you again and looking forward to the next Peppa Blog story whatsit thingy

:rofl:
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

What a day,hope the people she met follows your blog Ky.

Hope you enjoyed your wine.

:bighug: :bighug: To Peppa.

:love3: :love3: Ky and Geoff.Thanks again for looking after Peppa.

Looking forward to her next adventure.

Kay.xx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

You certainly have some energy Ky! Have to say Peppa sounds adorable and she is such a lucky dog to have you both taking such good care of her :love3:

Jackie x