Peppa..friday and saturday.............

Due to be put to sleep at 9 weeks old Peppa is now with the rescue where she will be cared for. Peppa now has a future - follow here progress here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Peppa..friday and saturday.............

Post by Ablineth »

Friday was as usual in this house hectic, trying to put everything away from thursdays show and getting ready for todays show.

I filled the bath with cold water to wash my ducks and dropped them in and left them to it, Peppa decided to jump up at the edge of the bath and have a look :1001: the three ducks took one look at her disturbing their swim and decided to dive and swim under water and then one jumped out and so we had water everywhere and a very wet duck scurrying around the house being followed very closely by a very inquisitive puppy. :rofl: So mop buckets out--again.

All birds ready, paperwork done and in bed for half past midnight. No sooner did my head seem to hit the pillow and it was 4.45 am and alarms were going off. :snooze: :snooze: I would have given anything to stay where I was.
Peppa had only been in her crate a little over 4 hours but the smell was dreadful so washing machine on, puppy pads into dustbin ( I wish we were on weekly collections as the bin stinks) puppy wiped down and then to the birds.
All done and off for 6.30 am, once again crate and Peppa in first, she now is eager to get in her crate in the car and travels perfectly :bravo: .
When we arrived at the showground they were not allowing vehicles on as it was so wet and muddy and so had put on a fleet of mules to transport people, birds,trade stands, puppy crates etc onto the main field. Soooo Peppa and her crate were chauffeur driven to the field with Peppa in her crate on the back of the mule, I sat on the passenger seat and Geoff waited with the birds to come second load he said she looked like the queen of all she surveyed standing in her crate as we were driven past people pointing and all going "aaawwww". :rofl:

Once again Peppa was the only dog alowed in the marquee and was placed next to the secretary's table. Birds penned and then breakfast and this show does the most amazing bacon or Edward's of Conwy sausage baguettes. Geoff opted for sausage I had bacon and then the spoiling started :1967: the ladys and gentleman behind the counter loved Peppa who was in Geoff's arms and said " would puppy like a sausage" :1968: weeelll who am I to say no, so one was cut up and cooled and mixed with her biscuit and I have never seen her enjoy her breakfast as much as that.
Back to the poultry tent a quick penny spent and then snooze time, we had a bout half an hour off duty which is more than enough to look around and so our friends watched her, in fact one judge had a baby in a push chair and he was parked next to her cage so watching the puppy would amuse him :1968:
We went into the council exhibit tent ( I kid not) and a lady asked me if I had a dog :1001: and was taken aback when I said no I actually had 6 :rofl: anyway it turned out she was promoting responsible dog ownership and so gave me a pile of poo bags and showed me this new "poo carrier" a neoprene canister that takes poo bags to dispense and also has an airfreshener in and room to carry a "filled bag" till you get to a bin, they come in 2 sizes and are on offer at £5 each. I explained that I was a supporter of Labrador Rescue and told her all about Peppa and so she GAVE me 2 of the bags to sell or raffle or whatever to help Peppa and the rescue, so thankyou Conwy Council :bravo: I promised when was a wake I would take her to see the lady.

Back to the tent, more official duties and then time for lunch. Todays show cooks lambs whole over smouldering logs till the meat is amazingly tender and you can buy sandwiches which are fantastic ( we forgo our officials ham salad in favour of a lamb bap) . I queued for the butties and Geoff went and got the amber nectar. Peppa by this time is ready for her lunch and as she is a real struggle to get to eat I asked if I could buy a lamb bap without the bread for my puppy please. Silly question, once the word puppy is mentioned and then her story I was given enough lamb to feed a litter of puppies not just one small one :rofl: they would not hear of taking payment so thank you very much, Peppa wolfed her lunch down and then whilst on Geoff's knee fell asleep so before the inevitable happened she was put back in her crate on her pads.

When she woke up I had to fulfill my promise and so carried her to meet the council ladies, they unpacked a smart new pink poo carrier and clipped it to her lead for a photo shoot which was hilarous, she was grabbing at it, rolling on her back, chewing it and generally doing what puppies do best and that is make everyone smile. Lots of pics were taken by the council ladys and Peppa will be the face ( and ears, and tail, and teeth) of the responsible dog ownership push they are doing :bravo: :bravo:

Lots of rescue cards were handed out to people and so hopefully the word is spreading into North Wales.

Peppa has beeen amazing all day and so the show awarded her a red rosette which was clipped onto her crate.
Geoff managed to get my car onto the field to load up and one very tired little puppy slept all the way home and once home was pleased to see the gang and they were over the moon to see her.

This week has been mad, I have hardly been to bed, we have done 3 shows in 5 days and yet Peppa the peeing pup has taken all in her stride, I am very proud of her. :love2: :love2: :love2:

Ky

ps I have had a good week with the birds as well :love5:
I am joy in a woolly coat, come to dance in your life, to make you laugh.
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Peppa..friday and saturday.............

Post by mollie »

Aw, Ky!! I was laughing and 'aaaaahing' all the way through that!

I reckon Peppa has found her forever home. :1958: :1958: :1958: :1958: I just don't see you ever being able to part with her :1968: You're soooo smitten!!!!
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
janste
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Re: Peppa..friday and saturday.............

Post by janste »

aww what a lovely update thank you for keeping people informed on peppa progress we know it is not easy but life never is and id rather have the reality of a situation and know at the end of the day everyone is doing whats best for peppa :bravo: so please keep the up dates coming and iam sure everyones hard work will pay off and one cute puppy will grow into a gorgeous dog :love5:
janste morgan and alfie
need a best friend?adopt a labxxx