Peppa's sunday............

Due to be put to sleep at 9 weeks old Peppa is now with the rescue where she will be cared for. Peppa now has a future - follow here progress here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Peppa's sunday............

Post by Ablineth »

Sundays in this house are always busy ,most days are in reality, but sunday is cleaning birds out day.

Peppa is now well and truly into the routine of following me in and out of the pens first thing when we let the birds out, as she is getting bigger and her character is developing she is having the odd bound at a bird to see if it will play but a firm "aahh" or " no" and she soon looks up at you with a cute face as if to say sorry :rofl:

Games are now developing such as grab the toy from Grayse and run around a chicken shed to see if Grayse will follow and then when Grayse takes the toy back and slowly runs around with Peppa chasing her Peppa finds her voice and barks. A very sensible little girl as when she has had enough she brings herself into the house and goes to sleep. Her latest favourite place to sleep is in one of my washing baskets which she has redesigned by removing one of the handles :rofl:

Yesterday Wotsee was trying to get underneath a chicken shed :1001: I thought a toy must have rolled underneath and so lay down and looked but could see nothing. Peppa crawled in and came out looking very pleased with herself as she had a big brown egg in her mouth so I took it from her and in she went again and brought me another egg in fact she kept going in and brought me a total of 7 eggs, one of the birds must be " laying away" underneath the shed but the dogs knew where they were.

At her weigh in she was avery healthy 9 kilos so she has put on 2.5 kilos in just 2 weeks and is now bang on where she should be as she was a little thin when she arrived. Mealtimes she is still sometimes totally uninterested ( I know unbelievable for a lab) and so yesterday I cut her down to 3 meals and a snack from the 4 meals a day she has been having and success, everymeal was eaten with gusto and she even had seconds of supper :bravo:

Her second collar is now outgrown and looking through my box the only one I have in the next size up is pink patent with flowers and sparkly diamonds :1966: on I just cannot see her in that so I think a trip to the pet shop may be called for.

I microchipped Peppa yesterday and she never uttered a sound I do not know if that is down to her bravery or my skill but she was as good as gold. :bravo:

Housetraining is coming on and in all honesty we have only had one "pile" in the house since she arrived and never one overnight. She is getting the hang of having a pee whe we go outside and now as she is peeing looks up for the praise and encouragment. :bravo: There are the odd mistakes like last night when she ran into the living room where I was sitting down , peed and looked at me as if to say " look mum tell me I am a good girl" :1967: , what can you do? :1967:

Peppa is getting the hang of "sit" to command and now 6 or 7 times out of 10 will do it first time. If the biscuit tin comes out and my lot sit automatically she sits too, a tiny precious thing with the others towering over her.
The gang have the patience of saints they play with her, they snuggle her, they tone games down to a level and speed where she can join in, they never try to take her food although dish licking is allowed, if she yelps for any reason they all run to her to see what is the matter and nuzzle her and lick her so these are for my gang :love3: :love3: :love3: :love3: :love3: :love3: :love3:

Ky :love3:
I am joy in a woolly coat, come to dance in your life, to make you laugh.
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Peppa's sunday............

Post by kayj »

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: Well done Peppa.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: To the gang for taking such good care of Peppa.

Kay.xx
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Lovely to read about Peppa's progress. Your gang are so fantastic. Thank you so much to all of you for your wonderful care of her. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :love3: :love3: :love3:

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

What a lovely update, she sounds as though she is in doggy paradise with you & your gang Ky, life must be such a wonderful adventure for her right now. Thank you all for taking care of her when she needs it most :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :love3: :love3: :love3:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Great update Ky, I must be wonderful to see her character develop, you are doing a wonderful job with her and we know it's not easy so these are for you :love3: :love3:

Your gang are brilliant too :thumbup:

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

She is unbelievable :thumbup: Fancy bringing all those eggs out and I presume all whole. What an excellent skill. :bravo:

:love5: :love5: :love5: :love5:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Aw - what great reading! I'd have given anything to see her fetch those eggs out :love5: :love5: :love5:

Lovely to know she's now the right weight as well, Ky. :love5:

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: to the gang for taking such good care of her.
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
SusanKerr
Senior User
Senior User

Post by SusanKerr »

Ky = you need to write a book of the antics of your gang and all the waifs and strays that end up with you.

I enjoy reading your daily blog! Well done I know its hard work but very rewarding.
Makky
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Makky »

Lovely updated Ky...she seems to be developing her own little character & so pleased she has put on some weight( catering must be good in your house :rofl: ) as for your gang they seemed to have taken her into their hearts :love2: Ky your doing a great job with her & these are for you :love3: :love3: :love3: :love3: :love3:
Bill Sandra & Rosie xx

Elwood 2000-2011
Sam 1988-2000

For ever in our hearts