Monday and her vet visit....and stuff..

Due to be put to sleep at 9 weeks old Peppa is now with the rescue where she will be cared for. Peppa now has a future - follow here progress here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Monday and her vet visit....and stuff..

Post by Ablineth »

Monday morning we had an early morning vet appointment, Peppa was keen to get in the crate in the car especially when she realised she had the remnants of a pigs ear in there :1966: :1966: :1966: .

No problems travelling, I was a bit apprehensive as she had not long since eaten a good breakfast and wondered if she may be travel sick although she has shown no signs of it in the past but she was absolutely fine and travelled beautifully. So once at the vets she sat on my knee chewing her pigs ear and adoring the attention from everyone who came in.

I had a long consultation with the vets and I think Ian has posted my report on here but the gist is having explained all about my observations and explained housetraining progresses well and that it is just when absolutely relaxed or asleep the seepage starts I was told it is classic Juvenile Incontinence Syndrome, I was there ages so they could watch her drop to sleep and the tell tale glisten appear.

I explained to them that twice now on waking up I have taken her outside and she has managed to pee a very tiny amount, this is a good sign, as she gets older and realises that when we go outside last thing at night she has to wee she will only leak what her body makes during the night although I appreciate as she grows this will increase.

At this moment the only test that can be done is to anaesthatise her and pump radioactive fluids through her body and x ray the progress, all this will prove is that she is incontinent when asleep something we know and was proved yesterday. At the moment this is the only test any vet can do.
I agree with my vets and can see no point putting a tiny pup through what is in effect a dangerous procedure let alone the trauma of it all.

So there you are , we knew there was no "quick fix" when we offered to have her and offered to have her for as long as it takes.

Her character is devolping rapidly now, yesterday she had her breakfast and 3 little biscuits were left, Wotsee and Grayse were sat a few feet away hoping to lick the dish when Peppa had finished, Peppa looked at them and then picked her dish up and went outside with it. What she did not realise was that instead of carrying it flat in front of her and that by carrying it vertical her biscuits had fallen out :rofl: when she got outside and put the dish down she could not understand where her biscuits had gone, Wotsee and Grayse knew :1966: :1966: :1966:

Last night after supper she collected all the dog dishes and took them to her "den" in the porch, this den consists of her "treasures" plastic pop bottles, boots, shoes and whatever else she collects on her travels. If only I could train her to put the dishes in the dishwasher :1968: :1968:

Visitors here are plentiful and yesterday was no exception, once whoever has come has gone through the usual " how many have you got now?" :1968: they have by then spotted Peppa who is in amongst the gang saying hello and then I may as well not be here because Peppa gets all the attention.

Meal times we have now cracked, I have cut her back to 3 meals and a snack which is usually a weetabix with plenty goatsmilk and all dishes are cleared in fact she has even had seconds of supper sunday and monday.

Yesterday afternoon was glorious weather and she was outside in the sunshine fast asleep, dreaming of something as her little legs kept twitching, what she was chasing I do not know but she was certainly giving it a good run. :1966: I went up into the field to check the birds and I have 2 young turkey stags who are now free in the field they are very tame and follow me everywhere, I must have looked a strange sight bodging about with 2 displaying stags and 1 small lab pup all following me around. :rofl: :rofl:

So we now move forward, lots planned for her , she has to go on a bus and a train that is our next milestone, mind you she has already travelled by car, 4x4, mule, tractor trailer, horse wagon and minibus so I am sure a bus and a train will be nothing.

Ky at Peppa puppy H.Q
I am joy in a woolly coat, come to dance in your life, to make you laugh.
my bobby
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Monday and her vet visit....and stuff..

Post by my bobby »

Ky

Peppa could not be in a better place to overcome her pppppp !!!! problem. You and the gang are very special and worth your weight in gold.
From the posts its clear peppa is a very special little girl. :love2: :love2:

Thank you so much for giving her all this love. :love3: :love3: :love3: :love3: :love3: For you Ky with all our love.

Carol and Bobby xx :2093: :2379:

Labradors are miracles with paws xx

Carol F :-
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Ky,

I would love to be your next door neighbour. I would be upstairs with a pair of binoculars watching everything that goes on round the Cottage the yard and the fields. :1967: Having been there I can just see you walking round with a little black bundle following you amongst the sheep the ducks, hens etc. what a wonderful start for Peppa. Nothing should ever faze her in her life.

It is great news that in all probability it could just be Juvenile Incontinence Syndrome and nothing too serious. :thumbup:

These are for Gang that also very very special. :love4: :love4: :love4: :love4:

Love the updates Ky.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Thank you for the update Ky I am so glad she is eating better mind you when you text about roast lamb in the oven for her Sam was nearly heading for santuary at your house :1955: .

I am also happy that people who may have been a little concerned will be assured that we are doing our best for the little one we dont want anyone worried as thats our Job as jan says calm on the outside paddling like mad underneath :thumbup: .

What an adventure for Peppa Puppy bless her and you for taking care of her.

:love3: :love3: :love3:
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

I agree with Kath, I would love to be your neighbour, mind you I am not sure I would ever get anything useful done! My favourite bit of the story is the biscuits and the bowl, the thought of her trying to outwit Grayse and Wotsee is hilarious, bless her :love2:
Emma
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Thanks Ky for the update and blog. :love3: :love3:

Never a dull moment at your place :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .

Kay.xx
playpen
Senior User
Senior User

Post by playpen »

Ky,
Ever thought of writing a book about your experiences I think it would be a best Sellar.
Title??? "It's a Dogs Life".

I.E. an insight to what dog rescue involves warts and all mixed with humour.
Another James Herriot?
HAVE HOPE FOR THE FUTURE
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lovely update Ky I bet she is having the time of her life with you & the gang. Great news too that what is wrong is what was suspected in the first place. These are for you :love3: :love3: :love3:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador