Helping this poor boy

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Helping this poor boy

Post by Emma T »

Poor, poor baby, I'm so glad he found his way to our lovely Glenys and Ky, he will be helped now. Bless him, what a sad sight but I have the feeling it will be a happy ending and we will all delight in his progress xxx
Emma
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Sorry, hope my post didn't seem inappropriately optimistic, it crossed over with Ky's posting on his trip to the vets I didn't read it though before resubmitting mine x
Emma
Mr Ollie
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Mr Ollie »

Hi This is heartbreaking well done to you Ky and family between you and Glenys if anyone can help this boy you can hoping with all my heart he will be OK.

Love Teresa & Ollie xx
Image Unconditional Love
jasper1053
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by jasper1053 »

This is the condition that my Gemma has. We have been managing it for almost four years now.

With EPI they very quickly lose huge amounts of body condition and although it may seem like cruelty to some people, those who have dealt with EPI will know how hard it is to manage. The other thing is that many vets still associate EPI as a predominantly German Shepherd condition and will rule out other conditions first such as campylobacter.

Ky - Ive tried to ring Glenys tonight to say if you want to call me Im more than happy to discuss things have and havent worked for us. The biggest turning point for Gem was starting on enzymes (Lypex works best for her but it is a little more expensive than some of the others) and feeding grain free food! We have tried and tested so many different things and while we are not experts Gem is looking pretty good now so what we are doing is obviously working. Unlike most labradors we fight to keep her at a good healthy weight and at the moment she is sitting at 27kg so we are happy with that. We keep a close eye on it. This beautiful boy probably wont start to gain any weight until he is on the right dosage of enzymes.

Im more than happy to help advise in any way I can so please feel free to contact me Ky or Glenys. We will also offer the same to any adopter. Ky if you would like my phone number please PM me.

Dont despair! Its a long long road but it can be controlled. Check out some of the before and after stories on the link here - http://www.epi4dogs.com/beforeafter.htm

I know it depends on each individual and how much organ damage has occured etc but it might not be too late. Its amazing how quickly things start to improve once the balance of food and enzymes falls in to place. Often a course of Tylan is needed to start with too (an antibiotic powder).

Here also is a pic of my Gem - you wouldnt know she was sick would you!

PS Gem is the one on the right!

jasper1053
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by jasper1053 »

http://www.homealabrador.net/phpbb3/vie ... hilit=+EPI

Link to a previous thread I wrote about Gems condition. Hope it helps people to learn a little more about the condition.
Please dont judge this boys previous owners as they will most probably have been doing their utmost for him. EPI is a horrible condition and sadly there isnt much awareness of it, particularly in the UK.

Again we are very happy to help.

Lisa
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Glenys, Ky,

Thanks.

Hilary xx
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

poor soul thank goodness ky has him in hand
fingers and paws crossed for mon and the future
anne jess and bracken :2379: :2379:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Ky has chatted to Lisa tonight we are going straight for the big guns getting the treatment without going round the houses,
I sincerley hope our supporters and friends judge us on our commitment to do our very best for the dogs.
All updates as they come.

Thank you Lisa for you excellent advice
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Simbasmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Simbasmum »

Ablineth wrote:The pictures of Shadow make him look in far better condition than he actually is, hard to believe but he is thinner than he looks in the pictures. I think the worst bit is seeing his sunken eyes.
Oh Bless him, he's in the right place
Good sign he is keeping the food inside him and hopefully he will recover quickly and so lucky that Lisa has Gemma and could advise so he can start treatment straight away
Ablineth wrote:The gang are slightly confused as to the number of meals he is being fed and I feel sure they would not complain if they were fed lots as well. :1966:
:rofl: :rofl: i remember Simba when Shiva was a pup on four meals a day !
When one door closes another door ALWAYS opens- and we may never know what the grand plan is, but believe me, the universe will give you everything you deserve if you just have faith. Karma is a beautiful thing.
Liza01
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liza01 »

I'm really sorry,sad I don't mention often but there aren't words
To sum up I feel can't be put in words. The absence of responsibility of the recogniction of this dogs symptoms beggars belief. I can only applaud your better way of dealing with people than mine that they allowed you to let this boy access to health Nd life.

:love6: Thank goodness.

Thankyou xxx :love3:
LizaMurphyBolly and Bertie
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Glenys wrote: I sincerley hope our supporters and friends judge us on our commitment to do our very best for the dogs.
All updates as they come.

Thank you Lisa for you excellent advice
You most certainly do, this is the most wonderful rescue & Shadow is a very lucky boy to have found you.

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Honeyroar
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Honeyroar »

jasper1053 wrote:http://www.homealabrador.net/phpbb3/vie ... hilit=+EPI

Link to a previous thread I wrote about Gems condition. Hope it helps people to learn a little more about the condition.
Please dont judge this boys previous owners as they will most probably have been doing their utmost for him. EPI is a horrible condition and sadly there isnt much awareness of it, particularly in the UK.

Again we are very happy to help.

Lisa
Thank you for posting those photos Lisa and helping us understand how difficult it is to manage this disease and that his owners probably did try - after all they had booked him in to be PTS, they were'nt leaving him to die, and they had already been tests done. Your dog looks fantastic. I couldn't have picked out the poorly one. Fingers crossed that poor little Shadow gets back to a good weight. Those pics were shocking, you could see all his tendons as well as his bones.

Come on Shadow, we're rooting for you, and so much respect for those of you involved in helping/caring for him.xxx :love2:
Sue.x (Honey and Rory's mum)
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lovely pictures of your 3 Lisa, & who would believe Gem has the condition she looks so well. I'm sure your help will be greatly appreciated - thank you :love3:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

All I can say is thank heavens Shadow has found his way to Rescue - and to Aunty Ky's.

Lisa's photos are a godsend, and I think gives everyone reason to believe that Shadow is going to recover and become a lovely healthy dog.

All faith in any decisions that are made on behalf of Shadow. :love3:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

All ready posted but I am sending Loads and Loads of healing thoughts to Shadow. :2373: :love2:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )