Norrie has eaten.................

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Norrie has eaten.................

Post by Ablineth »

Finally, al last phew he has eaten a little something.

Yesterday I finger fed him the meat from a tiny lamb cutlet which he ate but you you could tell did not really want any way I shot to the supermarket and bought several tays of minced lamb( far quicker than defrosting and mincing) which I put on to braise, last night no way did he want anyhing again :2009: :2009: David managed to feed him one of his treat biscuits in almost crumb sized pieces.

Any way today February 13th I am delighted, ecstatic and over the moon to announce he has just eaten 2 very tiny helpings of his braised lamb :bravo: :bravo:

I feel delighted, relieved and absolutely drained all at the same time. Over the last few days I have steamed, braised, boiled, scrambled, poached,grilled and roasted just about any food you can think of.

Everytime I prepared food he was interested till it went down and then just walked away, I was beginning to think it was something psychological and he was scared of food as his reaction was most strange.

Fingers crossed now that he retains the food one way or the other and carries on eating.
He has lost sooo much weight but thank goodness he had gained what he had otherwise it does not bear thinking about.
We are not quite back to square one but are with regard to lots of tiny meals, sort of two steps forward one and a half backwards, let us just hope this is just a set back and there are no more.

Thank you all for your good wishes just please keep them coming as this boy really is special.

Ky
I am joy in a woolly coat, come to dance in your life, to make you laugh.
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Norrie has eaten.................

Post by janhind »

YYAAAYYY come on Norrie you can do this, Ky you're a marvel. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

jan xx
It is never too late.
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

:bravo: :bravo: Norrie.

Sending you lots of healing thoughts and gentle hugs. :love2: :love2:

:love3: :love3: Ky ,Geoff and David .Thank you for being there for this special boy.

Kay.xx
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

What fantastic news well done little fella, hopefully onwards and upwards, little by little.
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

:bravo: :bravo: :beerandwhistle: :beerandwhistle: Wonderful news Ky I am so pleased & relieved for you. It drains you doesn't it with worry when you are trying everything to no avail. Well done little man :bravo:

Sending :bighug: s to all in Wales & lots of positive healing thoughts too :love3: :love3: :love3:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
janste
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by janste »

:1939: brilliant news well done norrie :bravo: he is indeed a special boy been well looked after by special people :love6:
janste morgan and alfie
need a best friend?adopt a labxxx
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Well done sweet lad and well done to Ky, you are a marvel! :bighug: x
Emma
andrea
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andrea »

Fantastic news. We have tears of joy that Norrie has eaten, so goodness knows how relieved Ky, Geoff, David and the gang feel.

Hopefully Norrie will continue to improve and reward all your dedication and love Ky, that will be the best "thank you" we can wish for.

:love5: :love5: These are for you.

Andrea, Skye and Reuben. x
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

Wonderful to hear that he has finally eaten something. Keeping everything crossed that it continues!

:2383:
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

Hooray! Best news ever! We have all been waiting these last 48 hours with baited dog breath..

Come on Norrie dear, onwards and upwards :1972:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Phew. I was dreading looking on the Forum, as I'm at work and didn't want to see any bad news while I'm here - but couldn't resist.

I'm sure you are drained Ky - it must be harder than looking after a sick child, as at least they can tell you what's wrong.

Well, thank goodness Norrie has eaten at least a wee bit. It sounds as though you've tried everything, but there are quite a few suggestions on one of the other 'Norrie' threads that might work. Daft question - or maybe not - have you tried liver? If he's interested until you put the food down - could it be the bowl????

The prayers and thoughts seem to have worked so far - c'mon Norrie, have a bit more!

Ky - you are gem! :love3: :love3: :love3:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Simbasmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Simbasmum »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: Ky & Geoff :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Extra :bighug: Norrie :bighug:
Keep going little one - and Ky, your tenacity is amazing
When one door closes another door ALWAYS opens- and we may never know what the grand plan is, but believe me, the universe will give you everything you deserve if you just have faith. Karma is a beautiful thing.
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

so pleased to hear this news. I went round to see Norrie this morning and he is alert and watches Ky all the time. so pitifully thin but he looked happy! Bless you dear Norrie. Keep going!
:love2:
playpen
Senior User
Senior User

Post by playpen »

Good Boy Norrie.
Keep it up we are all rooting for you.
Onward and upward (Weight wise).

Thank you Ky & Geoff for going more than the extra mile.

:love3: :love3: :love3: :love3: :love3:

P.S. We are all nervous wrecks on this site waiting for the next posting from you :crybaby:
HAVE HOPE FOR THE FUTURE
Hamish
New User
New User

Post by Hamish »

Hi Ky

I dont know if you saw my mail last night but please consider Natural Instinct Dog food, it saved Hamish, it looks as if Hamish has a fat intolerance and other issues, it was the only thing that saved him, the vet said there was no chance but today he is the healthiest dog I have ever had.
Call me if you want and I will send you some.
Alisdair