Todays Norrie update from Ky

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Todays Norrie update from Ky

Post by Glenys »

Firstly thank you to everyone who has sent donations to help with Norrie I am trying to keep up with acknowledgements but things a bit hectic here at the mo..............

FROM KY

Norrie update-- a bit of a roller coaster of a week but that is becoming the norm.

Since our visit to the vets last week for x rays and being prescribed the steroids he has been steadier on his legs, still had a couple of wobbles but on the whole far better. I see people are suggesting that his " weakness" is brought on by exercise this is not true as he can run around with the others and no ill effects and yet sometimes we walk 10 feet out of the door and whatever causes the "funny turn" can strike, all in al an enigma.

Appetite wise , well, that is a whole separate issue. Breakfast will be eaten with gusto one day and totally ignored the next, if he ignores breakfast you would think he would be ready for lunch but not necessarily and nor is he necessarily ready for supper, one day he relishes his minced lamb and will have small seconds the next day he will not even look at it. He will not eat kibble dry or soaked and as soon as it is in his mouth he spits it out so if I am trying to get him to eat it I bash it with the rolling pin or put in the pestle and mortar i was eating toast yesterday and he was begging for some but of course he cannot have bread.

All in all we plod forwards at a snails pace, KC now fully gone thank goodness. No sign of the upset stomach which started the downward spiral and the steroids seem to be doing the trick but the course ends today so whether the symptoms return and wether the appetite depresses we await seeing.

Something that came as bolt out of the blue last week was the realisation that here we are trying to put weight and muscle on Norrie and as he has had these allergies all his life the poor lad has NEVER had any muscle which makes the job even harder.
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Todays Norrie update from Ky

Post by kayj »

Thanks for the update Ky and Glenys. :love3: :love3:

Fingers crossed that Norrie's appetite improves now the the stomach bug and KC has gone.

:bighug: :bighug: Norrie.Healing thoughts continue to be sent to you.

Kay.xx
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

A good update. Although there are ups and downs, the postitive thing is that Norrie is eating - maybe not regularly, but eating something, nevertheless. He also has had the strength to fight off kennel cough, and his stomach is better - good news, in my book.

Big hugs to Norrie - keep it up little chap, even if slowly :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

More big hugs to Ky and gang - I still keep positive that you will be rewarded with a beautiful healthy boy at the end of this. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Simbasmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Simbasmum »

Keep going Norrie - I suppose he is scared of being sick again
:bighug: :bighug: Ky, Geoff, David :bighug: :bighug:
:bighug: :bighug: Norrie :bighug: :bighug:
When one door closes another door ALWAYS opens- and we may never know what the grand plan is, but believe me, the universe will give you everything you deserve if you just have faith. Karma is a beautiful thing.
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

It's obviously a hard job you are doing Ky. Hats off you you yet again. You have the patience of a saint.

Come on Norrie, please eat with the same enthusiasm you show when you pull aunty Kys dressing gown.

:love3: :love3: :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
maxie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by maxie »

What a fantastic job you're doing, Ky.

Joan x
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

So pleased that Norrie has overcome his latest hurdles. He is an amazing boy.
Bet it felt strange for you not being able to share a corner of your toast with your special boy Ky..
You continue to do an outstanding job nursing dear Norrie Image
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

I think about little Norrie so much and hope so much he makes progress, Ky I think you are wonderful :love3:
Emma
eamonnmoore
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eamonnmoore »

slowly slowly catchee monkey :bighug:
labradorlesley
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by labradorlesley »