Norrie goes swimming

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Norrie goes swimming

Post by Glenys »

Day one swimming therapy

Norrie has just had his first swim and it went swimmingly ( sorry)

Norrie had a thorough physical examination to determine exactly how much or how little muscle he actually had or in his case hadn't and was allowed to wander about for a few minutes so his action could be studied.

I took Wotsee along for moral support and as he is a water baby and Norries play mate we thought it would encourage him and it worked.

Wotsee went in first and swam after the ball and Norrie realised his freind had the ball and was in the water and so started to show an interest in the water so Tony gently lifted him and lowered him into the water. Poor Norrie he looked amazed but quickly realxed and with gentle encouragement and support started to doggy paddle at first slightly aimlessly but then after Wotsee and the ball.

He was allowed a short swim and was then lifted out so he could be watched and of course rest, Norrie by this time had decided he liked the water and wanted to play so he was lifted in allowed a swim and then out again and so on for ages, way over the hour booked.

Wotsee it was decided was incapable of tiring and so the jets were put on and he was swimming against the jets and loving it, oh how I long for the day Norrie can do that.

Norrie was a star and so brave as he really has so little muscle it must have been exhausting for him. The poeople who run the pool are lab people and are used to dealing with dogs like Norrie although they said it is usually very old dogs that have muscle tone a spoor as his. They are sure regular swimming and gentle exercise will help him.

After his swim he had a shower and then was dried with a jet blaster and towels and loved it. H emet a lovely retriever that was just finishing it's swim as we arrived and a really cute little old dog that arrived as we left, he was as usual a hit with everyone.

He slept all the way home and is now fast asleep in his basket.

A course has been booked of 6 sessions, 2 next week , 2 the week after and then 1 a week for 2 weeks at the end of which we should notice a marked improvement in his muscles.

Lifting him in

Wotsee supervising

Clever Norrie

[imghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j242/mattie1995/swim2.jpg][/img]

Thank you to all who have and are still helping Norrie
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Norrie goes swimming

Post by Diesel Kate »

Ky did he enjoy it?
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

What can I say? Norrie is just such a sweet darling, lets hope this helps him. And how lovely to see a pic of adorable Wotsee :love5:
Emma
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

A really good update on Norrie (and of course Wotsee) :love5:

I'm sure after all his swimming sessions we will see a marked improvement. Fingers crossed.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Bless his little heart :love5: :love5: It sounds as though he really enjoyed his first stint in water. I'll bet this will really help build him up - and perhaps help his appetite? I'm starving when I go swimming!!

Lovely update :1951:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

I agree Marge swimming is excellent and will build muscle and improve his appetite .

Ky Said Tony at the pool was shocked to see the before photos of Norrie
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Blakey
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Blakey »

Well it certainly looks like Norrie enjoyed himself and the benefits that the hydrotherapy have for him will make the world of difference I'm sure. He looks so much better now and his updates are a pleasure to read.
:love5: :love5: :love5:

Love

JOANNE

XXX
Blake - My Special Boy, Forever In My Heart
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

Great news and I'm glad he enjoyed it.

What a good boy Wotsie is, just sitting there and watching. Had my three been there, there would have been a massive splash as they all dived in and the pool would be empty :rofl:
Simbasmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Simbasmum »

triomum wrote:Great news and I'm glad he enjoyed it.

What a good boy Wotsie is, just sitting there and watching. Had my three been there, there would have been a massive splash as they all dived in and the pool would be empty :rofl:
:rofl: Shiva would dive in as well - Simba likes to walk in gently! Glad Norrie enjoyed it and what a star Wotsie is
When one door closes another door ALWAYS opens- and we may never know what the grand plan is, but believe me, the universe will give you everything you deserve if you just have faith. Karma is a beautiful thing.
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

So pleased his first visit to the swimming baths went well. I enjoyed seeing a picture of Wotsee as well.

Hoping you continue to make progress little Norrie :love5:

Hilary, Tuppence, William & Rowley
megrescue
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by megrescue »

What lovely pictures and wonderful to see him doing so well :1951:
Seamusmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Seamusmum »

The screen has gone blurry here. Swimming brought Seamus round and gave him strength to go on with his back legs for another year and a half. I'm sure it will help Norrie. The photos brought a lump to my throat, bless him. :love2:
Katie xx
my bobby
Senior User
Senior User

Post by my bobby »

Way to go Norrie you clever beautiful boy :bravo: :bravo:
Lovely to see Norrie and wotsee enjoying their swim :thumbup: :thumbup:

Carol and Bobby :2093: :2379:

Labradors are miracles with paws xx

Carol F :-
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Norrie looks as if he is really enjoying his swim. :bravo:
My class is fundraising again this year for Lab Rescue and we hope to raise a good amount for Norrie.
The class has applied to join the website so look out for us. Our username will be Primary5moneymakers.
Hopefully the children will keep you up to date with our fundraising activities.
We are sitting in the school ICT suite just now and the children are fascinated with the smilies and have asked me to put a couple on this message. :rofl: :bath: :1001: :love5: :occasion7: :2384:
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
mollysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollysmum »

It certainly looks like Norrie is enjoying himself, especially the picture with the ball. I also hope that the swimming have be positive in two ways, the muscle gain and also the appetite. Sounds like Wotsee is a true `doggy friend`.
Linda