Pickering

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Danbec

Pickering

Post by Danbec »

Well, we are off up to Pickering on Saturday for a weeks holiday. Staying in a dog friendly cottage (will let you know what its like, looks lovely.)
Anyone been to Pickering before and can recommend any nice places to go with the dogs?
Hoping this lovely weather holds out for us as we are looking forward to some good days out with pub lunches and picnics.

Sarah, Lexi and Archie xxx
Garyt
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Pickering

Post by Garyt »

Hi Sarah,
Thre,s always Dalby forest about 5 miles up the Whitby road out of Pickering plenty of good walks around there.A trip on the North York Moors Railway,a word of warning if you can try and avoid the A64 around York horrendous on BH weeekends you can end up queing for hours if you need suggestions for an alternative route pm me..

Gary
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

A trip on the North York Moors Railway
Did this a few years ago. Trying to arrange with OH to go again, loved it.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Linda&David
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Linda&David »

Hi Sarah,

We live about 12 miles from Pickering,some good idea's there from Gary.
Goathland on the moors is worth a visit that is where Heartbeat was filmed there is a lot of good pubs in the area :thumbright:
Helmsley market is on a Friday some good stalls there.If you like the seaside try Filey, Whitby or Robin Hoods Bay.

David.
gillyb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillyb »

We had a week in Pickering last year, we love it up there. We took Reuben on the North York Moors Railway, he absolutely loved it especially when a little boy got on eating an ice-cream :2073: We have also had days at Robin Hoods Bay and Whitby, and so many of the pubs and cafes are dog friendly too. Hope the weather stays nice for you.

Love Gillxx
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am...

We can now deliver our pies to most places in the U.K www.bestporkpie.co.uk
Danbec

Post by Danbec »

Thanks everyone and thank you Gary for your message. Spoke to hubby and he said he was intending avoiding A64 altogether and going via Helmsley, however I have suggested that helmsley could be equally as busy and have persuaded him to use your alternative route! We are setting off from here just after lunch I think. I do hope this weather holds. Wasn't expecting brilliant weatehr with it still being April, but would be a shame if it breaks after being so good the past couple of weeks. Can't wait....my husband works away and if not away, very long hours, so we are looking forward to some quality time. Lots of walks and pub lunches with Lexi and Archie.....they are a very bad influence, they always seem to pull us along to a pub...or an ice cream van!

Sarah, Lexi and Archie xxx