Dog friendly Padstow.........

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Dog friendly Padstow.........

Post by 12_paws »

Eeyorebev saw the boys holiday snaps thread and asked if I knew of any dog friendly pubs, cafes and places to visit around Padstow. Well, where do I start :1968:
We find Padstow so dog friendly it's untrue..........
Pubs: The Shipwrights, The Ship, The London Inn and The Golden Lion all allow dogs inside and out & all serve food. Shipwrights food is a bit basic but they do allow you to take drinks over to the harbour wall to enjoy the view, so long as you return your glasses. At the Golden Lion, we had lovely seafood linguine, steaks & moules marineire with 3 labs sat with us (with begging eyes!) in the lounge.
Takeaway: fish and chips from Rick Steins chippy on the carpark, cooked to order and served in a box, delicious eaten on the harbourside :1968:
The Cafe Garden at the Crazy golf around the far side of the harbour is open to those not playing too and has lovely views.
If boat trips appeal, dogs are allowed on the Jubilee Queen, the speedboats :2008: and the ferry across to Rock.
Beaches: In Padstow, around the Camel mouth itself, the only bit you can't go on with dogs is St Georges Well but walk a little further along the coast path from the town to Tregirls and Hawkers Cove and you can and they're lovelier too :thumbup: Within a mile or three of Padstow dogs are allowed on all but Trevone beach.
The Camel trail is good to walk along, reasonably flat (but mind the bikers) and when the tide goes out there are places along the estuary that become accessible and fun for Labs! Seaweed to sniff, water, gulls to see off!
Places to visit: If you like quaint, Port Isaac (now of Doc Martin fame) is worth a visit (buy fish and shellfish at the harbourside fish cellar) and Boscastle is too. Again, dogs are allowed in the pubs. The Lost Gardens of Heligan, St Austell, allow dogs on leads.
I'm not on commission from the tourist board, honestly, we just like having the choice to take the dogs out and about to so many places with us,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Eeyorebev
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Dog friendly Padstow.........

Post by Eeyorebev »

Thank you, will be taking this list on holiday.
scubakim
Senior User
Senior User

Post by scubakim »

What a brilliant resource! I haven't been to Cornwall for a few years, but when the kids were young, it was the destination of choice every time (in fact my daughter is there camping at the moment with her young family!) I know most of the places you mention so I can definitely feel a trip to Cornwall coming on. Thanks Des :bravo:
Kim, Murphy & Amy x

Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Well Des that is the best holiday guide I have read for a good while. This could be the holiday destination for the Lab Rescue dogs. :bravo:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Where are dog places to stay in Cornwall lodges caravans either ?
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Eeyorebev
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Eeyorebev »

We've hired a cottage fromCornish Horizons and they were very helpful
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Glenys wrote:Where are dog places to stay in Cornwall lodges caravans either ?
We stayed on caravan sites at St Merryn with the dogs when the children were younger as they loved it but now stay in houses or bungalows in Padstow town now they are adult and sometimes come along. I look on sites like Owners Direct, Harbour Holidays Padstow, Cole Rayment & White and the Padstow Cottage Company.
Some places charge extra for dogs but a lot don't.
Tip:We have learned to take a couple of windbreaks just in case we need to block off a gate or little gap!
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

we went to devon once with helpful holidays and they really were checking out the houses on offer for dog friendly gardens
Desy157
New User
New User

Post by Desy157 »

It's good that there are such reviews! Thanks to them, I learn a lot of new things!