Brilliant cottage

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sallydog1

Brilliant cottage

Post by sallydog1 »

Just returned from a week at Ewe Tree Cottage, Ulpha, Broughton in Furness. We cannot praise the cottage and surroundings enough. The outdoor photos on the website make it look so ordinary but, in reality, the surroundings are stunning. :love4: There is an enclosed paddock of over an acre for your use but the owner also urges you to wander his 28 acres which has ponds, trees, animals (all used to dogs) and a beautiful river for splashing, swimming or fishing. The owner's dogs will show you round and demonstrate to your dogs how to negotiate some stiles. Ozzie had a ball: although the weather was good he was constantly wet due to river visits.

Down sides (if you consider them to be); stone, spiral stairs to upstairs; lounge and kitchen a bit dark due to thick walls and inset windows; three TVs difficult to work for some people (me).
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Brilliant cottage

Post by Willow »

Sounds fab! Do you have a link please?
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

sallydog1

Re: Brilliant cottage

Post by sallydog1 »

Sorry, haven't got a link but if you go on Cottages4you and put Ewe Tree Cottage Ulpha in you should get it. It's fab, I promise. Can't wait to go back. Owner Bev becomes a real friend. He's invited us back any day to roam his land and picnic by the river.