Good dogwalks in Northumberland

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Garyt
Senior User
Senior User

Good dogwalks in Northumberland

Post by Garyt »

Hi all,
As usual going to holiday cottage for xmas can anybody recommend good dog friendly walks around the Haltwhistle area, prefer not to be near rivers,as can`t keep Emma and Jake out of the water any feedback greatly appreciated......
Thanks..Gary
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

My Son Gareth has just come back from Northumberland he was at Nether Grange ,Almouth and was so impressed he cannot wait to go back,he said its perfect for dogs and the people are so friendly its a great place.
Last edited by Glenys on 07 Oct 2008, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Glad you are coming to Northumberland for your hols Gary, you will find loads of places to walk up round the haltwhistle area, it very close to the roman wall so you can walk for miles over the hills. hope you have a lovely time.
try this one.

http://www.shepherdswalks.co.uk/northum ... ?WalkID=34
jan xx
It is never too late.
Garyt
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Good dogwalks in Northumberland

Post by Garyt »

I know i posted about good walks in Northumberland,do any of the members from the area/ forum know of any good sandy dog friendly beaches they can recommend so i do not have to travel all the way to Bamburgh(only one i,ve found up to now... :cheers:
Gary
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

We have a few Ladies on here in Northumberland a place I would love to Visit many of my Dog friends say its wonderful.

Gareth was in Alnwick he loved it he was working at a hotel there.

:4878
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Not many beaches in the haltwhistle area i'm afraid Gary :mrG sorry bad joke, seriously the nearest coast line would be directly east to whitley bay/tynemouth, seaton sluice is a nice beach with easy parking right on the dunes, very dog friendly, i always judge this by the amount of dog doo disposal bins, if there are a lot then the council obviously cater for dogs on the beach, at seaton there are dispensers on the bins giving you free bags, Seaham is another that has very easy access although it is more shingle, paddy loves this one cos there are lots of places to explore, another option would be kielder reservoir, which isnt far away,there are lots of tracks through the forest or around the reservoir which are ideal for dog walking, hope you find what youre looking for and have a lovely holiday.

jan xx
It is never too late.
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

You will have quite a drive Gary if you are staying in Haltwhistle. Druridge and Cresswell have lovely beaches and they are often empty particularly at this time of year. As Jan has said your only other options are Seaton Sluice, Whitley Bay or you could go to Blyth.

I don't go to the beaches that often as my too are not that keen, they get bored after a while as there are little animal scents for them to chase! Again as Jan has said you are almost on the doorstep of Kielder which has fantastic walks. I can probably dig out some walks in Haltwhistle area too as I am sure I have been sent some at some point if you are interested?

Jackie x :merryxmas
Garyt
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Garyt »

:merryxmas
:nose Thanks Jan,& Jackie, :nose
We have made a note of the beaches that you have suggested always open to new suggestions.If weather stays as cold and snowy as now i think we will be looking for walks in wooded areas for a bit of protection from the elements.Emma 8yr choccie does not like wet,cold,windy weather(dodgy back)Jake 18 mth black likes any weather.Jackie regarding info on walks that would be great if you could...

Many thanks Ladies. :sunny: Jacky & Gary

P.s. Is it just me or is there alot of Jackie,s on this forum
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Yes there are a lot of Jackie's on here at the moment! I get confused sometimes so I am sure others will too! I will email you some walks at the weekend Gary.

Jackie x
Garyt
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Garyt »

Thank you Jackie :wav: