Forest Holidays

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gillyb
Senior User
Senior User

Forest Holidays

Post by gillyb »

We have just returned from 4 days in North Yorkshire at Keldy Forest cabins with Forest Holidays (we booked through Hoseasons). What a fantastic place , it was so dog friendly and some fantastic dog walking trails. Reuben has had a ball, there has been so much going on lots of walks with pheasants, squirells, rabbits :1967: . He has been on the NYMR (his first time on a train) and made lots of friends especially the people with ice-creams :lol: . On Weds we had a day in York so booked Reuben into day kennels (he loves going into kennels, never sends us on a guilt trip :1962: ). The lady said he made a new friend with a Golden Retriever when they had "playtime". Reuben can be quite hard work on the lead sometimes but he has even settled down here this week. He has had a day in Pickering and a morning in Goathland. Unfortunately I haven't got any photos as my camera packed up. The only downside of the holiday was that the kids couldn't get a signal on their mobile phone :bounce: :bounce: and there wasn't any Internet access :( (no lab rescue for a weeK for me!!). We are off to Coquet Cottages in July, can't wait. Will have a camera this time :1945:

Gillxx
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am...

We can now deliver our pies to most places in the U.K www.bestporkpie.co.uk
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Forest Holidays

Post by jackie »

Sounds like a great holiday :hello1: are you coming up to Northumberland to stay at Coquet Cottages? Look forward to seeing the pictures :hello1:

Jackie x
gillyb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillyb »

Yes we are Jackie, we are really looking forward to it.

Gillxx
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am...

We can now deliver our pies to most places in the U.K www.bestporkpie.co.uk
Danbec

Post by Danbec »

Sounds like you had a great time.Will have a look at them...

We stayed in Coquet Cottage's, Rebecca House at Warkworth in March - fabulous. We hope to go back up there later in the year.

Tomorrow we are back off down to The Gower in South Wales for a week. Previously we have satyed in a cottage in Oldwalls, but this time we are renting a house called The Merlins in Lllanmadoc. Will let you know how we get on.Archie is a lucky boy. Hes only been with us 6 months and has had 3 holidays!

Sarah, Lexi and Archie xxx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Good to see everyone taking holidays with their dogs and it is lovely to hear everyone's experiences as we too try to have a few holidays in the Uk each year as it is nice to get different ideas.

Hope you have a lovely time in Northumberland Gill, Warkworth has some great beach walks you can walk right up to Alnmouth when the tide is out. My parents nearly always stay in Warkworth when they come up to stay so an area I know very well.

Jackie x