Badger Cottage near Clitheroe

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lorna T
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Badger Cottage near Clitheroe

Post by Lorna T »

Have just had a great week at this lovely cottage which is at Rimington about a 10 minute drive from Clitheroe. The owners are very dog friendly having 2 beautiful silver grey Great Danes, George and Mildred. The cottage is half of a barn conversion sleeping 4 (the other half sleeps 5 but you can't take dogs to this one) and has all mod cons, even a dishwasher and a lovely vet bed rug for the dog to sleep on (mind you I took a bed for Fudge but she did like the rug). It is surrounded by fields with amazing views over to Pendle Hill and walks can be done from the door. There are lots of places nearby to visit and plenty places to walk with the dog - Forest of Bowland is lovely. Having said that it was a bit warm to do anything too energetic while we were there. We actually had the place to ourselves as the other cottage was not occupied while we were there, so it was really peaceful. Really recommend it.

This is a link to the website:
http://www.independentcottages.co.uk/la ... ges/Badger - this gives details of prices etc and there is a link to the owners website
Lorna x
royuk

Re: Badger Cottage near Clitheroe

Post by royuk »

Thanks for sharing that Lorna :love3: Diesel and I hope to go on holiday next year, so the more place we know about the better.:hello1:
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Badger Cottage near Clitheroe

Post by mollymunch »

Glad you had a good holiday Lorna.

Had a look on the website, they have some gorgeous cottages - found one in Sutherland which looks lovely, right on the beach, shame it's not a bit closer though!

Have put it on my favourites.

Alison x