Pip the little princess is 3 today!! PIP UPDATE

Celebrate the birthday or gotcha day of your 4-legged friends

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Debsalabradora1
Senior User
Senior User

Pip the little princess is 3 today!! PIP UPDATE

Post by Debsalabradora1 »

Hello everyone! It's ages to my first gotcha BUT I am 3 today... :1939: :1939: :1939: I've had a really good day - a nice long walk this morning - lots of chasing the ball and bringing it back - I could do that all day long - great fun. I love to be out in the fresh air - not many dust mites around to bother me there!!! The one thing I really don't like is that wet stuff that comes from the sky - it takes a lot of persuasion to get me outside when that stuff is around. It's alright for my sister Millie - she is like a labrador bear with a lovely fluffy undercoat as well as lots of hair on top of that. I remain a little challenged in that area - not much hair on my tummy or legs because I still keep nibbling it out but I do think my immunotherapy might be starting to help - I had my third one today and in a couple more times I will be up to my maximum dose. Mum seems to think that I am better than I was (the vet wasn't quite so optimistic but paws crossed and all that) and is so pleased that, apart from some special drops for my eyes, I have not needed any special medication other than a good doggy dose of piriton which also seems to help the itching a little bit too.... I had lots of little extra treats today and now I'm really tired, so I'll say goodbye for now. Mum took some pics ( a bit dark 'cos they were done on the phone - and I don't think she's worked out how to use it properly yet!!) and decided to put them on as we know how everyone likes pics on here.... The lighting is probably a little more flattering for me at the moment anyway - not that it matters 'cos everyone I meet is always telling me how cute I am.... :love5: Pip.xxx

Yep! we've had the fire lit for a good few evenings now!
We look sad don't we? (works every time for a treat!!) but we are just very tired and it takes mum ages to get us to be still long enough for a pic!
Debs, Millie and Poppy (and Pippi).xx

My dogs, in my heart and mind forever....
Eeyorebev
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Pip the little princess is 3 today!!

Post by Eeyorebev »

Happy birthday Pip
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

Oh Pip, how beautiful you are :love2: I'm so glad you enjoyed your birthday with your gorgeous sister.
Fingers & paws crossed that the meds continue to make you better sweetheart xx
What a lovely life you have with your wonderful, caring family :1972:

:2808:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggie May »

Happy birthday Pip :occasion7:

I am glad you have had a nice day. Your pictures are lovely :love5: and I am glad you are feeling a bit better.

:bighug: from me to you Pip

:2800:

Love Kay and Maggie xx
Kay
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Pip it is so nice to see your happy little face you deserve so much to be happy I am glad your magic medicine could be working too but no matter what you will get what you need to get better love to your new family and sister love form us all here xxxx

Seems to be leaky eyes day today xx
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Happy Birthday Pip we hope you are having a lovely day, you are such a pretty girl
Liz Harriet Shelly Bonnie n Molly :2800: :2811:
:2808:
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

:2389: Happy belated 3rd Birthday Pip. :2389:

Hope you had a lovely day gorgeous girl :2799:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

:occasion7: A Happy Belated 3rd Birthday Pip :occasion7:

Hope you enjoyed your day :2803:

Love your pics, two gorgeous girls :love5: :love5:

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Wishsing you a very Happy (belated) 3rd Birthday Pip

Hope you enjoyed it. I'm sure you got spoilt. :love2:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
scubakim
Senior User
Senior User

Post by scubakim »

Sorry I missed your birthday Pip. I'm sure you had a lovely day with your big sister. You look so cute together and it's lovely to hear that you're enjoying life despite those nasty itches. You are a gorgeous girl with a lovely life :love2: Hoping the meds bring you your much needed relief sweet girl :bighug:
Kim, Murphy & Amy x

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

:2819: Happy 3rd Birthday Pip! :2819:

Sounds like you had a great day!

Jackie x
Megsmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Megsmum »

:2800: HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY PIP! :2800:
:2389: :2389: :2389:
Sorry it's a bit late. :2019:
Thank you for the update - so pleased to hear that you had a lovely day out in the fresh air and that you're feeling better.
Love the photos of you and your sister - keep 'em coming!
:bighug: :bighug: to you both xx
Helen and Merry x

Remembering my beautiful Meg 1992-2008 and my darling Mollie 2009-2018
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: Pip the little princess is 3 today!! UPDATE

Post by Glenys »

Pip is due her next immunotherapy injection on Friday - the plan is for her to have that one then another 2 weeks later at which point she will be on the maximum dose.

It's definitely not been plain sailing for her, bless her.... I've had her to the vet pretty much weekly - I took her on Monday because we had run out of eye drops again - her eyes were really very sore and her scratching really bad so, of course, her skin was in a bad state - not infected though so all the batheing etc seems to help. It seems that the injection is making things worse rather than better, but fingers crossed, with time, this may change.

So on Monday she had more eye drops (these definitely help her & the piriton helps a bit too) plus a couple of days of steroids just to give her a boost/bit of relief before the next jab on Friday. She does look a bit better and seems happier in herself - poor thing she had been miserable over last weekend. She remains a little sweetheart, appetite great!, loves her walks, is very loving and affectionate. My grumpy tabby cat has accepted her now and even gave her a kiss on her nose yesterday - so sweet!!

The vet continues to be good - just charged us for the meds on Monday - we had some money over from a refund if you recall (probably not with all you've got going on!!). Anyway , it pretty much covered it and I'm happy to pay the bit over.

I'll let you know how the appt goes on Friday and send you the invoice as before.

Let's hope by the time the Funday takes place, you will meet her again and she will be soooo much better.

Debbie, Pip and Millie.xxx
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Pip the little princess is 3 today!! PIP UPDATE

Post by Emma T »

Good luck for Friday lovely little Pip xxx
Emma
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Pip the little princess is 3 today!! PIP UPDATE

Post by coco-bean »

Good luck for Friday beautiful Pip. :love5:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three