Sammy

Celebrate the birthday or gotcha day of your 4-legged friends

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wendy rogers
New User
New User

Sammy

Post by wendy rogers »

8 Years ago we re homed Sam. 29/11/07 we arrived to view a 10 month old Chocolate male.We had passed the vet check and had spoken on the phone. When this sad little face came round the corner on his lead. My heart melted and knew we had to take him home. After my hubby had been dragged round the field at MKF ,the paperwork completed Sam just jumped in the van sat on my lap ready for the drive down the M6.
He will be 9 in Feb and has traveled many many miles with us on holiday in the camper,staying all the uk.
Our work life has changed and he stays at home while we go out to work, compared with coming to work with me. He is so good, spoiled to bits and so loved.
Thank you for matching him to us.
Sammy the Water Rat
Aka Samual L Jackson Antonio Rogers
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Sammy

Post by JoanG »

So pleased to hear that Sammy The Water Rat is still bringing you as much happiness as a 9 yr old gentleman as he did as a sad little 10 month old back in 2007. Funny how these rescue dogs get right under our skin and they are so loved, where would they all be without the Fabulous Glenys Fryer to organised their adoptions so well.

Has he calmed down now or is he growing older disgracefully?

Hope you've been spoilt rotten Sammy boy. :1951:

Joan and George x
Joan and George x
wendy rogers
New User
New User

Post by wendy rogers »

Hi Joan & George
Sam has his moments of acting like a puppy but does still tend to look down his nose at other dogs,whatever the breed.
His muzzle is alittle grey and also the under side of his paws. Still stocky build with muscles that drag me over.Weight last week at the vets 37.1kg
It's nice to catch up with everyone on the site.
Sam & wendy
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Great to read about Sammy and the fun you've obviously had with him over these years. He sounds a lovely character.

Hilary, Tuppence, Rowley & Douma
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Lovely update on Sammy the water rat, pleased all is well and it sounds you have had some good times together it is amazing how these dogs change your life, they are so special.

Jackie x