Tasmin - the journey has begun

A special story about a dog in a pound that would not leave her box - follow her story as she grows into a beautiful princess and learns to trust

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Tasmin - the journey has begun

Post by Glenys »

The journey has begun Tasmin and Kareen now on way to the airport Safe journey beautiful dogs five dogs travelling all going to rescues
Can we have your good wishes there will be tears at the airport as the lovely Ladies in Cyprus say goodbye to the dogs for their new life - new beginning in the uk .

New life beginning :love5: God speed xxxxx

see Tasmin here
http://www.homealabrador.net/phpbb3/vie ... =1&t=19064
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Tasmin - the journey has begun

Post by coco-bean »

Got a lump in my throat reading this.

Come on Tasmin.

We are all waiting for you.

Safe journey beautiful girl, you have a wonderful life waiting here for you.
:love5: :bighug: :love4:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Aw bless them, must be frightening experience for the. I hope they have a comfortable journey and arrive safely without any hassle. Good luck little ones.
Jackie x
Megsmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Megsmum »

Wishing them all a safe and speedy journey! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Helen and Merry x

Remembering my beautiful Meg 1992-2008 and my darling Mollie 2009-2018
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Safe journey precious pups! Xxx
Emma
scubakim
Senior User
Senior User

Post by scubakim »

Safe journey lovely dogs to the brilliant rescues over here who will find you the lives you deserve :love5: Well done all involved in this remarkable rescue :bighug:

PS I can't wait to see Tasmin here safe with MKF :love2:
Kim, Murphy & Amy x

Cyprus pound

Post by Cyprus pound »

Thank you everyone, I cried buckets at the airport and on the way home, she only stayed with me one day at our home but I have had regular contact with this special "baby girl" as I called her, I wish her a home full of love and tenderness which is something she didn't get here. She is in the air now and will soon be landing in gods country!! I'm a Northern lass no offence meant!! I've posted a blog on my Facebook of Tasmins story so far, maybe Glenys can copy the link to it, unfortunately I don't know how to do it sorry.

Kareen fryer x :beerandwhistle:
scubakim
Senior User
Senior User

Post by scubakim »

Brilliant! Poor baby will be scared at the moment but is on her way to her forever happy home. I can't stop reaching for the tissues!!! Safe journey little one and welcome to England!! :love5: :love2: Thank you all at Cyprus rescue for taking care :love3: :love3:
Kim, Murphy & Amy x

mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

I'm not surprised you cried buckets, Kareen. I would have too. In fact, I've welled up a few times this evening as I've thought about Tasmin and her little pals on their life changing trip over here, and how you must have felt saying goodbye to her.

The bond we develop with our dogs is incredible. It's a love I can't put into words, and Tasmin and her pals have all this coming their way. :love2: :love2: :love2:

A big warm welcome to Tasmin and friends... :love5: :love5: :love5: and as I write this they are probably about halfway here.

Xx
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
autumndays
Senior User
Senior User

Post by autumndays »

Safe journey little ones :1971: :1971: :1971: :1971: :1971:

Anne, Paul, Skye and Lucas
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Safe journey little ones, crying buckets as I read the post to hubby, I am guessing that she is landing in Yorkshire?

I can't wait for her to know what love is all about, she will make someone very happy indeed :love5:

Love and luck to all the Cyprus babies.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
littleorp2
Senior User
Senior User

Post by littleorp2 »

Carol and Tasmin
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

By the time I'm reading this she must surely be in UK. So happy for her and wish her luck, but she's coming to MKF so she'll be fine. Wouldn't mind knowing a little something about her pals, but really just hope they get good homes. This has been a really brilliant thing to do and thanks to all concerned for caring enough and organising.

Hilary, Tuppence & Rowley
littleorp2
Senior User
Senior User

Post by littleorp2 »

4 more came over with her. 2 went to the consignee who was the person assigned to book them out. The others were picked up by their new families. One of whom had already met her dog as her daughter lives in Cyprus. Both told me they had abuse for not adopting from this country but said we have no idea what the conditions are like over there for unwanted dogs.
Carol and Tasmin
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

littleorp2 wrote:4 more came over with her. 2 went to the consignee who was the person assigned to book them out. The others were picked up by their new families. One of wh :blue: om had already met her dog as her daughter lives in Cyprus. Both told me they had abuse for not adopting from this country but said we have no idea what the conditions are like over there for unwanted dogs.

That is so sad abuse :blue: for adopting abroad I've in the past been totally trashed regarding helping Irish dogs even had poison pen letters absolutely true ......... says a lot about the human race .

This country has many rescues and the big ones get millions in donations and pay big wages and I've heard some staff get interest free mortgages :1001: but enough about that dogs in the uk get more chances of a home but in some places abroad are abandoned to their fate when people return to their own countries. I would have had no idea about the Cyprus plight had I not been a face book friend with my sister in law .

This is the Labrador rescue supported by people for that purpose and as I said at the word go when I saw Tasmin I wanted to help with my own money but true to some very special friends on here and face book donations came in anyway some anonymous simply saying for the Cyprus two . The donations ran to about £800 and what little is left will be sent to help another dog and Tasmin may need some help in the future too.

I am touched completely by the kindness of people we will continue to send help when we can to help in the meantime after such an emotional two days with leaky eyes I may get to apply some mascara at some point