Pip

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Pip

Post by Glenys »

You may remember Pip coming in she was suffering from allergies she then went to foster with Karen and Neil she is now in a new home she is much improved but she will need a special injection( immunotherapy ) making up as she is allergic to dust mites this from her New family...

Hi Glenys,

Hope all is good with you and yours. Please see invoice attached - lucky for us our vet currently has a free scheme in place for chipping!

Pip had her review with my vet yesterday

In summary - just finished course of antibiotics and he did not want to prescribe another. To continue on course of steroids but reduce from monday from half tablet daily to half tablet on alternate days then review again.( in approx 2 weeks time). Once steroids out of her system, will need to have injections or booster, although I think she may need to start from the beginning again. I'm expecting to pay for this as it's not really part of the stuff relating to her being a "supported dog". I discussed everything that we're doing for her and he seemed happy with that. Immunotherapy to be considered in due course and if required.

She came into season a few days ago. Vet is aware that she will need to be spayed and this will be done prior to next season and when she has settled a little more and hopefully more improvements in her skin will take place.

It's only a week since she arrived and she is really settled and seems happy. Millie and her get on so well - Millie is a really good big sister, very chilled and accepting and it seems that this is rubbing off on her - I didn't expect her to be this relaxed so soon - She really is an absolute gem and is a lovely addition to our little family. Having to take things slowly with regards to my moggy but again all going well.

Let me know if you need me to do anything else Glenys and once again thanks for all the support from me, Pip and Millie.xxx
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: Pip

Post by Glenys »

Another update

Hi Glenys,

Pip reviewed at vets yesterday - dye placed into both eyes - no damage sustained to either eye but inflammation and infection requiring treatment - prescribed eye drops for both eyes - contains antibiotic and steroid - review in week when she is due to be seen again. Will have 2nd dose of immunotherapy - (not sure yet when I take over giving that to her) and review whether piriton to continue - if so, I will get it the cheapest way possible. Atopica is not to continue - as she hasn't responded to it.

Invoice attached -

She's had 4 doses of the eyes drops and just come back from a long run in the fresh air - I think she seems a little better than she was. Please be reassured that I will persevere and continue to care for her no matter what - she is a lovely dog and it would be wonderful if we can get it sorted - if not, rest assured it will be managed the best way possible so she can have a happy life as she so deserves.

Best wishes Debbie, Pip and Millie.x