Billy and Joey

Remember your beloved friend at this special time of year

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Billy and Joey

Post by Glenys »

Its always lovely to hear of how lives are enriched both for the dogs and their family

Letter received :

Just a line to tell you of the passing of Billy who came in to the rescue with Joey some 10 years ago. Joey was 6 and Billy was 5 when I got them.
They turned out to be a most wonderful pair of dogs. They clearly had had a lovely first home and they were like a pair of brothers! Joey didn't quite make it into his twelfth year, his heart valves giving out at 10yr 10months. The cardiologists assessment that his heart was too big (ventricular insufficiency) summed him up to a tee!
Billy lasted a further 5 years and got to the ripe old age of 15yr 2mth. He passed away gracefully basically from old age.
I have had many labs through the course of my life but Joey and Billy turned out to be an exceptional pair of loving companions and are sorely missed by all who knew them. They formed the bedrock for that part of my life and continue to provide cherished memories. I am due to start my OAP soon so shall be in a position to donate to your worthy cause.
Many thanks to all for all that you do and have done.

Michael

Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Billy and Joey

Post by Lins »

Another lovely tribute to two well loved furbabies. We are losing too many presently and I wish it would stop.

Run free at the bridge Billy with your beloved Joey and stay together forever. x x x
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

Glenys wrote: They formed the bedrock for that part of my life and continue to provide cherished memories.
I have never thought of my labradors in quite this way before, but how wonderfully true is this statement. Thank you for sharing, and enabling me to reflect on the bedrock that Gemma was for me and Lily continues to be.

Jane and Lily
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

What a lovely photo Michael, your boys were very handsome.
Rest in peace, thinking of you Michael.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly