Vicky

Remember your beloved friend at this special time of year

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Vicky

Post by Glenys »

Sam brought some albums in today he was sorting out the garage among the many memories looking through them I found a faded photo of Vicky my first Labrador ( no camera phones then ) She was three when I got her she was given in exchange for some work My Ex had done for a not very nice place
I was shocked when I went for her as she was black and I had only ever seen yellows on the telly she looked lost in among a lot of guarding bred dogs kept there so she came home with me and that day my love for Labradors started and why this rescue eventually happened years later without that Labrador coming into my life who knows ....but she did and here we are ...the year was 1982 .
Memories came flooding back today and tears as well because this was the dog who saw me through some tough times as if she picked up on every emotion happy and sad sometimes dark times .
Life changed soon after she came then there was just me ,Vicky Sam brought some albums in today he was sorting out the garage among the many memories looking through them I found a faded photo of Vicky my first Labrador She was three when I got her she was given in exchange for some work My Ex had done for for a not very nice person.
I was shocked when I went for her as she was black and I had only ever seen yellows on the telly she looked lost in among a lot of guarding bred dogs so she came home with me and that day my love for Labradors started and why this rescue eventually happened years later without that Labrador coming into and my children for many years other dogs too.
I credit her with bringing Sam and I together casual chat about dogs etc ,I was so worried as Vicky developed Glaucoma I noticed on this photo you can see her eye had changed Sams Dog had lost her eye in an accident and it took a while but eventually we clicked through our love of dogs we married in 1988.
When Vicky died it was like losing a part of me the grieving period lasted a very long time a very special girl who came into our life and changed it and still changing it for many Labradors over many years and hopefully years to come.

Friend

Love and affection,all the days
wonderful company, always
Not from our side for very long
Was easy to teach her right from wrong
She never asked for very much
Love to cuddle and heaven to touch
Her love was there for the taking
On going to sleep and awaking
A love that was loyal and so true
How did I deserve a freind like you
Who was the freind I held in such awe
She is here in my heart My Labrador.
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Vicky

Post by 12_paws »

What a fantastic legacy Vicky left, so many souls have benefited from your care because of her.
The verse is really touching Glenys.....
Thinking of you as you remember such a special lady :love3:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Hi Glenys

Thanks for sharing Vicky’s story. She sounded a wonderful dog. Thinking of you as you remember her :love2: :love3:

Alison x
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Clearly a very special girl :love2:

Thinking of you as you remember Vicky and thank you for sharing Vicky’s story :love3:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.