Oscar

Remember your beloved friend at this special time of year

Moderator: Forum Moderators

baileysbunny

Oscar

Post by baileysbunny »

https://imgur.com/user/jaccampbelli8

Our darling Oscar (Chocolate Lab) went over rainbow bridge Friday 22nd May exactly 10 years and 9 months from his rescue day. He was 1 month short of his second birthday the day we took him home. We had travelled a full day from Scotland to collect him and it was love at first sight. A love and bond that remained to the end. I loved him more than life itself. He had the most amazing time and everything that he could have ever wanted. He was never alone and travelled everywhere with us and his best friend and partner in crime, Oakley (Choc Lab) who died 15 months ago. Oakley joined Oscar as a pup and they had a wonderful friendship until Oakley died aged 9 1/2.

I will be forever grateful and honoured that hubby and I had the chance to rescue Oscar all those years ago. Oscar was still eating and drinking and on the very day he died and he had some mellon for lunch. His pain became too much that afternoon and he was crying. He had arthritis and we had been enjoying the last months of life with him since he dipped in February. He dipped again in April but was a fighter. He was the biggest thief that you would encounter. A bag of apples or carrots and he was away with them. My own fault as he grew up with so many rabbits and guinea pigs over the years but yet remained the gentlest of dogs and a true gentleman always.

My heart is utterly broken with the loss of Oscar and Oakley within the 15month period. Life is so cruel and poor Oscar had developed a large swelling on his shoulder and was starting to lose the power of his leg which was most likely Cancer (no testing by our vet as we didn’t want any unnecessary suffering) so he went down hill very quickly. Sometimes I can’t laugh at his antics for crying but I do know that he enriched my life beyond words and for that I am ever grateful.

In this awful pandemic situation I went into total panic thinking we couldn’t be with him in his final minutes. Our darling vet made it all possible and we lay on the floor with him and he knew we were there with him as the drug was administered and Oscar was at peace and no more suffering. We kissed and cuddled him until the very end and beyond. We have his ashes and he is back home 💙 with us.

Thank you Glenys and team from the bottom of our hearts for the beautiful gift of allowing us to rescue Oscar that sunny day 22/8/09 x. We will never forget our journey home and how in love we were with our boy 💙