hello

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Clin96
New User
New User

hello

Post by Clin96 »

Hello,

I'm new to the site. As a child my parents have always owned labs, boxers and rotties. Finally decided to apply for my own now that i work from home most days. I'm very excited and can't wait. Does anyone know how long the process takes from applying to adopting? Also how does the process work, will I be macthed with a dog based on my circumstances?

Thanks
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Re: hello

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Hello, Welcome to this lovely group. It's great you are now able to offer a home to a lovely lab. Hopefully you will have seen the adoption form for completion (form is found on this web site) after submitting it I believe someone will contact you to arrange a home visit. I believe things have been very busy lately so it may take the team a little delay in getting back to you. I'm sure they won't mind you emailing if you feel it gets too long. Think there is a page with relevant contact details, times and info. Luck forward to hearing about your new family member in due course.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello and welcome from us also.
I have 4 Labs they are wonderful dogs, they are all older but we still go walking every day.
Please let us know how you get on.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :2379:
Clin96
New User
New User

Post by Clin96 »

Hi thank you for the nice welcome to the group.

I have now adopted a lovely Labrador. I was taking some donated items over to dogs trust and I offered to walk some of the dogs whilst I was there and I ended up walking a Labrador and fell in love with her and ended up adopting her the same day. She’s coming to live with me next week, can’t wait she’s a lovely 7 year old chocolate lab called maizie.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Really pleased to read you have found your new labrador friend, it sounds like she was meant for you from a chance meeting and then you falling in love with her. I can understand how excited you are and sincerely wish you and Maisie a very long and happy life together.
Joan and George x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Hi and welcome,
some things are just meant to be aren't they, pleased you and Maizie have found each other,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart