Hello everyone

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PaulaF1972
New User
New User

Hello everyone

Post by PaulaF1972 »

Hello everyone. My name is Paula. My family and I have loved 2 incredible yellow labradors that we trained from 8 weeks old. .Rigsby and ollie were their names. We needed to have ollie put to sleep in May 18. Probably the worst day of our lives and we miss him terribly. A house without a labrador though is just awful so we'd love nothing more than to cherish another for 13 years or so.
If you could help me find our new pampered pooch that would be great
Thanks everyone
Paula
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Patmar »

Hi Paula. Welcome to the site. So sorry to hear about Ollie it’s very hard when you have to let them go. Most of us on here have gone through this and know the sadness you will be feeling. They leave you with such wonderful memories and we have to treasure these.
Sending love

Pat, Zach and Jake
x x x
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Hi Paula and welcome to this wonderful Rescue Forum. I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved Ollie and I know most of the people on here know exactly how you are feeling. I lost my lovely black lab George, who was from this Rescue, almost 2 years ago to aggressive cancer aged only 8 years young and I still miss him now, We now have a 17 week old pup, Digby, not from this Rescue but who is helping to mend our broken hearts.

Have you completed your application form, that's the first step and possibly an email or telephone call to Glenys. Once you are approved you can rest assured that the Rescue always has gorgeous dogs coming in. I hope this helps and please let us know how you get on. Good luck and I hope it's not too long before you find your new friend.
Joan and George x
PaulaF1972
New User
New User

Post by PaulaF1972 »

Thanks for the lovely welcome. Just completed the online application. Thanks for reminding me about the really important bit I hadn't done Joan. I'm an air head sometimes :)
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hi Paula
Welcome from us also,even though we are a little late.
It is dreadful when you have to say good bye to one of our beautiful dogs, I think we have all been there,
We hope that very soon you have a new friend to spoil.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :2379: