Hello fellow dog lovers

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

naomivanemmenis2
New User
New User

Hello fellow dog lovers

Post by naomivanemmenis2 »

Good afternoon,

My name is Naomi, my partners name is Scott and we have a young daughter named Athena.

This time last year, we had devastatingly lost our 5 year old German Shepherd X. She had been battling cancer for nearly two years.. possibly more. We put her on natural medicine when we found out. She was given 6 months to live. She lived for a further 22 months. We haven't felt ready for another dog until now. Our Luna will always be in our hearts and minds for ever. We have just moved into a new house with an enclosed garden so we now have the space and time and love to give to a new dog. Rescuing a dog is very important to us. We rescued Luna and I dont believe in buying a dog when there are millions of amazing dogs out there who just need another chance. I just can't bring myself to let them down just because I think I want a particular breed. Any way.. we are hoping to find our next forever dog on here. We have so much love to give and we can't wait to give a dog in need a lovely home xx
autumndays
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Hello fellow dog lovers

Post by autumndays »

Hello Naomi, Scott and Athena,

Welcome to this friendly forum.

So sorry for your loss last year. I think everyone here can appreciate how you felt losing part of your family.

I have a black Labrador called Skye who is my cherished companion and who will be 11 on Thursday. Previously I adopted Lucas from MKF, another black Lab who went to the Bridge over three years ago. He is still in my thoughts every day.

I'm sure that Glenys and the team will be able to match you with a suitable addition to your family. Please be patient and thank you for considering a Labrador. My childhood friend was a Labrador called Sheba and I still think of her even though I'm now In my seventies.

Kind regards,

Paul and Skye