DESCRIPTION OF ROSIE !

To ensure details to rosie pictures and updates stay secure - this forum is NOT visible to people browsingthe forum - It will only become visible to registered users of this site once they have logged into the forum

Moderator: Forum Moderators

billybluemoor

DESCRIPTION OF ROSIE !

Post by billybluemoor »

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 02:08 pm Post subject:

DESCRIPTION OF ROSIE !

ROSIE is a small type 12 year old yellow Labrador bitch... a real softie !
My top priority has always been to restore Rosie to the wonderful happy and healthy dog that she now is.
Since her operation to remove a growth from her eyelid, and some teeth extractions, she is now in very good health, which has always been my primary concern.
Rosie was previously grossly underweight at 19 kilo's, she now weighs 24 kilo's, a normal weight for her size.
Although we have no 'History' on Rosie, my vet staff assure me that she has been speyed, though not by me, and not by the 'Rescue'.

Please check previous updates to read about Rosies progress to good health.

Rosie had been abused and grossly neglected when I first brought her home from the Rescue. With a lot of love and attention she has now regained her self-confidence and has definitely come out of her shell, so much so that she is now attempting to intimidate my two dogs, Lady and Billy, for place as 'Top Dog' and wants to play, but Billy and Lady, are having none of it.
Rosie is a very loving and affectionate little dog who is obedient and good on the lead. She is lively and sprightly for her age and loves going for walks and exploring new sights and smells.
She is also good with both children and other dogs.
She is equally as happy to live the quiet life and just be fussed over and played with but can be demanding when it comes to food and loves her treats and biscuits. She often comes and gives me her paw, or sometimes, two paws when she wants something.
Rosie is a clean and housetrained dog who goes outside for regular wee's ect... and has got into a routine of going in the garden straight after mealtimes and last thing at night.

In my opinion, Rosie will make an ideal pet for someone who would like a loyal and devoted companion in a loving environment where she would not be left alone for too long.
She is not the sort of dog who could manage long walks in all weathers day after day.
She is a happy little girl who would ideally welcome a fireside forever home with a person who can devote their time and affection needed for her twilight years, of which I'm sure there will be many more to come

Believe me, your love would be repaid a thousand fold !!

I will of course be sad to see her go, but my aim was to act as Fosterer and Carer which I can happily say has now been fulfilled, and with 2 big dogs of my own, and my failing health, I have my hands full at present.

So come on....spread the word and let's see if we can't find Rosie the loving home she so richly deserves !!!

MARTIN.
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Tears in my eyes Martin....that was so lovely and a fantastic description for anyone considering adopting her. You and Kathryn really are special people and your devotion to dogs shines through. I hope Rosie finds a forever home soon.

Jackie xxx
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Fabulous description of Rosie, :angel13: I'm sure anyone who adopts her will not be disappointed. Although I only met her briefly last week I thought she was brilliant. She reminded me of my Molly the way she lies on her back for a tummy tickle :D Whatever her history has been she certainly seems very well adjusted and definately doesn't seem to look her 12 years!

Good luck Rosie I hope you find your new home soon.

You and Kathryn have done a wonderful job, Martin.

Alison x