Charlie needs a new forever home

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LabRes1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Charlie needs a new forever home

Post by LabRes1 »

Charlie is currently enjoying life with Sue, and from the updates provided enjoying every minute of it!!

We do however have to start looking for a permanent home for this chap to give him a stable loving home for the rest of his life.

As you can see from Sue's postings - the fact this chap has diabetes does not in any way spoil his life.

Charlie needs to be fed on JWB food which is readily available but does need twice daily insulin injections.

Now we have obtained proper details of cost etc it is anticipated that Charlies insulin will cost approx £35 per month. The remaining cost will be this food. We have decided that as any dog will need feeding and JWB is not tremendously more expensive than other brands, we will ask Charlies new owner to pay his food bills as any owner adopting a dog would do but Labrador Rescue will pay Charlies insulin bill each month directly to a nominated vet. This amount will hopefully be covered by sponsors but will be paid from rescue funds if not available...

If you are interested in giving this lively lad a home please contact us for more information..

:thumbup:
-------------------------------
Canine Hydrotherapist Training
Canine Therapies Academy
www.caninetherapiesacademy.co.uk
muddy paws
New User
New User

Re: Charlie needs a new forever home

Post by muddy paws »

I hope he finds his forever home soon, he looks lovely

Caroline & Lucy
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Well Done Charlie, You are a very clever boy learning to type. :study: Keeping my fingers crossed that your forever home will soon come up. :1963:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Lovely update on Charlie Sue, he sounds a wonderful boy.

Thinking of getting Charlie the right home, how does diabetes affect his exercise levels? Should his activity level remain unchanged and regular? I am wondering if Charlie's is suddenly very active (e.g. longer walks) wil he use more glucose (energy) and does this affect his blood sugar (glucose) levels in any way?

Jackie x
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

I thought that it would have to be managed in the same way as us humans. I think this is worth bearing in my mind as it sounds like he would make the perfect companion for someone who wants a stroll once or twice a day and someone lovely to cuddly every night :1973:

He would not be right for a family like us where our two have 2 hour walks each day....poor thing would go through quite a bit of jam I would say!

Jackie x
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Charlie really does sound such a sweetheart. :1971: Let us pray that a forever home will be found soon.
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Charlie sounds lovely. I do hope he finds his forever home soon so that he can settle.
Jackie
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Hi everyone just thought i would let you know about the vets .... well i weigh 44kilos
Well Charlie that makes 2 of us. :1944: I weigh in at 46kilos and my lovely vet has told me I have to lose a "little" weight, so I have been put on a diet. :2003: No corners from the toast, No leftover gravy and meat. :2003: but as it was my Birthday yesterday, I had a little crispy bacon, and I mean "little".

Have Joined the Vets Weight Watchers club. :1968: :1968:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Hope a permanent home comes soon I have returned a call to someone interested so we will see and the results of coures.
Thank you Sue and My Scooby for caring for Charlie xx
kimmy

Post by kimmy »

Hi there! I'd like to speak to someone as soon as possible regarding giving Charlie a home. I'll be online for a while, but I'll try ringing tomorrow if that is more suitable.

My e-mail address is kimmypop21@hotmail.com. Will check back through this evening.

xxx
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Hi, best idea is to give the rescue a ring, have you filled in the online adoption forms to get yourself registered. Glenys or Kathryn will be able to give you the best advice.

jan xx
It is never too late.
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Hope you can help Kimmy.

Jackie x
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Plese keep us informed with any developments.
Last edited by jackiem on 27 Jan 2009, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.
Jackie
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Good luck for the visit tomorrow Charlie :bounce:

Alison x
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Fingers crossed Charlie that everything goes OK for you today, and you find your forever home. :1951:

--------------------------

Is there any news on Charlies previous Dad.

And any chance of picture if Charlie is lucky enough to have found his forever home :1945: