Our litle pack ............

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Morg
New User
New User

Our litle pack ............

Post by Morg »

........ consists of LittleGems (Yellow Lab) who turned 11 in August, she has the odd lump, minus a few teeth and since arriving here, quite a few kgs too. From plodding and puffing after ten minutes pootle, she now hurtles around for a good hour a day and yes, is slowing down, sometimes needs lifting into the car but in general, she has a great life. She has achieved so much and I am so proud of her :thumbright:

Next is Ellie who will be 10 in February, a smashing choc cuddle monster who again has lost a few kgs and gained stamina. It is my understanding she had been working before waiting to find us.

The girls came to us through another rescue because I had understood, living in north Wales, not a chance of adopting through yourselves. After trying to find one lab, we found two who had been together much of their lives but at ages of 5 and almost 7, never lived in a house. Housetraining was a concept neither were familar with initally but got that cracked, Ellie was and still is, bombproof; LittleGems on the other hand was terrified on so many things and even now, gets spooked which is upsetting to see her belly hit the deck.

Their companion, is a lab wannabe disguised as a Border terrorist, affectionately known as RatBoy is very good at cleaning the girls ears. He's 4.5 and a smashing little chap with the energy to walk all day. Down side is, he hates swimming and is rubbish at retrieving .... can't have everything I guess. Happy with my lot? You bet!
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Our litle pack ............

Post by janhind »

They all sound perfect to me, just what a doggie family should be. you have what seems a proper mix of characters there, i love the sound of Ratboy (must keep the vermin down with a name like that) i have two labs both adopted from the rescue & we all reside in Northumberland. Paddy is a big yellow cuddle monster aged about 10 & Aoife (pronounced evie) who is a little black pocket rocket aged about 4 we dont know for sure how old they are because they were both strays. looking forward to hearing lots more about your gang.

jan xx
It is never too late.