I'm Prince Brodie.

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Brodie

I'm Prince Brodie.

Post by Brodie »

Brodie's news

Hi to anyone who once knew me, anyone who knows me and everyone who doesn’t. I thought it was about time I let you all know how I am doing now, just in case you were wondering.

After moving out of my old place of residence due to circumstances which were totally unforeseen by me and for reasons of why? well, you can search me, I don't have a chew .... ( Sorry I meant to say CLUE, But my mind was on a new toy bone I've been playing with earlier and have misplaced somewhere ). I don't have a clue why I had to leave my home, my family, my friends, my fellow country-dogs and my beloved country of Wales.
( Gwlad Fy Nhadau ) Land of my sires.

I thought I was just going on holiday to England. I was taken to a place, where the people were very kind, offering me food and accommodation and more food, with a friendly atmosphere and good entertainment. ( sort of a safe-HAVEN holiday park for dogs).
So there I was, thinking that this fine establishment was a Pantings Holiday Camp or a Mutlins. Well they certainly had me fooled that it was, with all that loving care and attention I received. But I'm a little older and wiser now and since seeing pictures on their website and reading tales and the tails of a lot of the other dogs they have helped to re-home, I now understand that this truly great place was actually in fact, The Labrador Rescue Centre in Eccleston near Clorley.
I'd lick to say thanks to everybody there ( I mean LIKE to say thanks) and send you a bunch of my loving licks for helping me to find a forever home, and for looking after me in my hour of need.

I was collected from the nice people at the lovely place in Eccleston by two people, a man and a woman and helped into a car. Oh wow, a mystery excursion, what a great vacation this has turned out to be. I wonder where we're going, Dogaloo (dolgellau), I mused, as we pulled into a service station on the motorway. After a stretch of the legs with walk round the services it was onwards travel to our destination, a house where the two people live. Oh my! A guest house I thought, as I was welcomed in and shown around the place. Then I went out for a walk with the man to explore a nearby park and I played with a lot of friendly dogs from around the neighborhood.

In the park

We returned to the house just in time, the woman had prepared a meal for me in a large bowl and she placed it on the floor next to another large bowl containing water, which I consumed eagerly before going outside in the garden to sign the guest book and leave her a tip, if you know what I mean.

In the garden

In the midnight garden
That evenings entertainment was a sort of variety act after they presented me with a basket full of dog toys which was tipped out on the floor in front of me and they both took turns in selecting different toys to compete for my attention. I heard the man say he was going to phone the vets in the morning to arrange for me to have a booster injection. That night after coming back from a walk, I sat in my bed and would not lie down, "Be a good boy and lie down, it's bed time now" they said repeatedly. But I wasn't going to lie down, I don't need a booster injection, I'm full of energy and I DON'T NEED BOOSTING, you'll see, I thought, as they finally give up and said "Well goodnight then, we're going to bed now," closing the door behind them. I sat in the darkness and listened for any sound of movement and so did they, but all was peaceful and the morning soon arrived with the man opening the door and saying "You look like you've been sat there all night Brodie."

The Prince of Darkness

The next few nights and mornings were the same, sitting up when they left the room, being sat up when they re-entered. In fact for days they didn't see me sleeping at all, I watched them constantly, but I still received a booster despite my display of endless vigour. At the vets I had a check up, and was given the OK. There was certainly nothing wrong with my hearing, as I heard them discussing something about my Crown Jewels.

At the vets

My days were spent playing in the house, the garden and in the park meeting new friends, I'm a friendly dog and shall continue to make new friends everyday. I went walking in the countryside where I went for a paddle and a pee in some water.

Piddle, paddle.

I was getting used to this way of life, food aplenty and a nice warm bed, entertainment, good exercise and lessons too.
I've learnt a lot of new tricks in my lessons, like to stay, to lie down, to roll over, to play dead, to fetch, to carry the newspaper, to read it and to type on this keyboard.

60 woffs per minute

Learning is easy, it helps you to think clearly and can be rewarding, as, eureka! I have now come to understand my position in life. I am Royalty, Crown Jewels! that means I must be. This explains why everyone is kind to me and why I've come to live in what is now my forever home. With my new servants, the man ( my chauffeur and valet ) and the woman ( my maid ), who both love and adore me. These new servants of mine are well trained but are slightly confused, as they seem to think they are my mum and dad. ( So I try to play along with their delusions to keep them feeling content. You know how it is! ).

Well, I came to live in my new forever home around 3 months ago now. When what I thought was a vacation turned out to be a stay-cation. I've settled in nicely with my people and now that they've learnt their routines, we get along very well. Because I am a royal, I probably should have been re-named Prince. But to say thank you to my old family for teaching me to be so well mannered, thank you for the love they gave me and also thank you for giving me a good start in life, I will always keep the name they gave me. The one by which I've always been known, by all the friends I've made along the way. ( Now where did I leave that toy bone? ).

BRODIE. a.k.a. The Prince of Wales. ( I think ).
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: I'm Prince Brodie.

Post by Lins »

Well hello Brodie, or is it your Royal Highness?

What a lovely read. :thumbup: I'm so glad that your servants meet with your requirements. :1967:

As for your crown jewels, you are such a handsome chap, you don't need them. :1955:

Loved the piccys. Keep them coming, we all love piccys on here. :2379:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

:1968: :1968: :1968: What a fabulous story! I've been grinning from ear to ear right the way through :1939: :1939: :1939:

Well, Prince Brodie, you've certainly landed on all four paws :thumbup:

Hope we hear more from you - your first report has made terrific reading!
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Hi Brodie

So glad you're nicely settled and have the servants sorted, just a shame about the delusions, poor things.

Well, what a fab read! :rofl: :rofl: We'll certainly be looking forward to future updates and more great pictures of you having a right royal time. You do sound to be a very bright boy. :love2:

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
mollysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollysmum »

Hi Brodie, oops I mean your royal highness, Loved your story and the tales of how you have managed to train your servants to understand just what you want. I look forward to reading more of your adventures.
Linda
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

What a handsome chap you are Prince Brodie. :love5:
And what a clever boy you are. I'm sure you will be very happy with your new servants as it sounds as though you have made huge strides in their trading already.
Jackie
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Hi Brodie,
what a right Royal time you are having - perhaps you could give us some tips on how to get the servants better trained here at our house as sometimes they just don't seem to jump fast enough!!!
And we have to be polite to the old King Max & Queen Rosie :rofl:
Harley & Diesel
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Blakey
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Blakey »

Well Prince Brodie, it certainly looks like you've landed on your paws and settled in most grandly at your new abode.

Your story had me giggling from start to finish and I hope you'll be back online soon to tell us more. You're such a clever boy, you can type your own story and I've noticed from one of your pictures that you're looking at ME on the website ! :rofl:

Love

JOANNE

XXX
Blake - My Special Boy, Forever In My Heart
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Brodie you are a gem!!!! What a lovely update!!!

Gill, Meg and Maisie
:love2: :love2: :love2:
gillal1
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillal1 »

Prince Brodie you certainly made me smile this morning too :rofl:
You sound to have the most perfect new home or should I say castle?

Loved your photos and look forward to read more about your new life, It sounds very exciting. You are very handsome :love2:

Gill,Milly and Lilly.
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

What a fantastic update from Prince Brodie... I'm glad to hear you have your subjects well trained! :love2: :love3:
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Wow Prince Brodie,what a lovely update of your new life.Sorry to hear that you had to leave Wales but it sounds as if you have a fantastic forever home with some extremely nice servants. :love3: :love3: :love3:

Look forward to hearing more stories about your new life.

Perhaps you will be at the rescue Funday where you and your friends will meet the rest of us human servants.

:love2: :love2:

Kay and Zeus.xxx
Johndale
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Johndale »

Welcome your Royal Highness.....I think you're a very clever & handsome Prince.
Congratulations, Sir, on settling in so well to your new Kingdom with it's loyal, faithful servants.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

John & Teddyxx :wave: :love4: :wave: :love4:
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Well Prince Brodie you have landed on all paws haven't you :bravo: :bravo: . So pleased to read you are happy in your new home

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Hi Prince Brodie, just loved reading your update, you have become a dab paw at the typing lark!

We have a Prince and two Princesses here who have their mum and dad - whoops I mean servants, trained just as well as you have - I think this is something that maybe you are taught at puppy school.

Anyway lovely to hear from you, loved your pics too and feel free to keep letting us know how you are getting on - we love the updates and keep the pics coming too.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home