Update on Cassie

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

marieb
New User
New User

Re: Update on Cassie

Post by marieb »

Hi Karen,

Just a quick line to post a video of Poppy and Cassie on the beach this morning. They found themselves a ball to play with and had a whale of a time!

Took me ages to get them out of the water, luckily had warm towels at the ready when they got home!

http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... b.mp4.html
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

PS is anyone else filling up reading this ? happy tears

ME :cry3:

What a lovely update.

Karen all on here feel for you. I am so glad you have had your mind put at rest and know Cassie has gone to a loving home with a Pal to play with. :love4:

This is where the Internet comes into it own. You will be able to follow Cassie's life from the other side of the world. :1951: and maybe if you settle you will be able to get another Pal.

:hny1:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

Diesel Kate wrote:
PS is anyone else filling up reading this ? happy tears

ME :cry3:
And me too! :cry3:

Its so lovely when past and present owners get together!

Hope you enjoy your new life in Oz knowing that Cassie is loved and happy!

:hny1:
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
andrea
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andrea »

Aw, I always love to read the Adoption updates, but this was extra special because I have known Cassie since she was a pup. ( Karen and Cassie lived just a couple of doors away). Marie, Chris, Poppy and Sox you are very lucky, as you already know, to have been joined by an absolute sweetheart. If you could give her a hug from me and my dog Reuben that would be great. :bighug:

I can imagine how much Karen cried when she took Cassie to MKF :cry3: , probably contributed to some of the floods, but to see the updates and piccies will be a massive comfort. We would have loved to have taken Cassie in but she would have been too much for my old boy, his days of romping in fields are sadly gone. So it is fantastic to see what a brilliant home she has gone to, she will love having a full time playmate.

Karen, Good Luck in Oz :thumbup: - hopefully may bump into you before you go.

Andrea, Reuben and Skye. xx
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Aren't they lovely :love5: :love5: Millie sometimes sits with her paws crossed too. A lovely update on Cassie & great for her previous Mum to see her happy in her new home

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
kasisalo
New User
New User

Post by kasisalo »

hiya andrea im glad you got to read about cassie i was wondering if you knew, i couldn't have asked for a better home than she has could i, you were right about having cassie she would have drove him crackers wanting to play all the time lol, i remember everytime she saw rubeun she used to terrorise him jumping all over the poor fella and kissing him, he was so patient with her, i will never forget when cassie was about 3 month old and i saw you up the beach and cassie went over to a bit of a snappy dog and wouldn't come away and rubeun just walked over and stood next to her, he didnt show any aggression towards the other dog he just stood quietly next to cassie and the other dog just went on its way, and then cassie just followed him back, aw, her knight in shining armour! It doesn't seem like five minutes ago when i was getting my girls(little then) in the car for school and rubeun, just a puppy, came running up the street on his way to the beach lol where does the time go? I will defo come to say goodbye to you and the other neighbours before we go. I keep borrowing other peoples dogs to take out, my friends lab and a beautiful golden retriever oliver (hes just like chloe was, 7 years on and i still miss her), :cry3: what are we like with our dogs lol

happy new year andrea

karen xxx

Also thanks to marie for that brilliant video really didn't expect that, theres no more wondering if she is okay now, im just over the moon and wish you all a happy little life.

and thanks for all the kind comments from everyone cos to be honest i
felt like i had done something rotton and that people would think bad of me for giving her up i didn't expect the nice wishes of everyone,

thankyou xxx :wave:
andrea
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andrea »

Yeah, Reuben has always been the perfect gentleman, apart from around food anyway!!

You didn't do something rotten you did what was best for Cassie, but the hardest for you. She has clearly landed on all four paws and looks very happy in her new home, just hope Honey can stand the pace! Her new family sound brilliant and obviously besotted already, but who wouldn't be with Cassie.

Love
Andrea, Reuben and Skye. x
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Lovely story .Crying here to with happiness. :love3: :love3:

Kay.xx
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

kayj wrote:Lovely story .Crying here to with happiness. :love3: :love3:

Kay.xx
Me too Kay

Alison x
lisab5500

Post by lisab5500 »

This story is lovely, Im in tears - knowing where your little girl has gone is so re assuring - I left Australia when I was 11 and my parents gave up our golden lab Captain for adoption, I was heartbroken. I never knew where he went and I think about him very often and hope he had a good life.
Modern technology definately has its benefits on occasions like this.
Enjoy Oz xx
Johndale
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Johndale »

What a wonderful moving story with the best of outcomes for all concerned.

Thank you Glenys for running a superbly worthwhile organisation.

John & Teddyxx
marieb
New User
New User

Post by marieb »

Its now coming up to a year since Cassie adopted us as her new family, so we would just like to reassure her previous mum (Karen) that she couldn't have settled in with us any better and is having a lovely new life with us and her adopted sister Poppy.

The dogs have made lots of new doggy friends during the many beach and park walks we take them on. Both Cassie and Poppy love ball and (or) stick chasing with each other, although Cass would rather paddle than swim!

Cassie is a very loyal and loving dog who is not afraid to show her affection with lots of slobbery kisses!

I've attached a Photobucket video of them playing in the local park.

Many thanks to Glenys and all her staff at Labrador rescue for doing such a fantastic job!

Best wishes, Marie and Chris x

Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lovely videos Marie, Poppy & Cassie look great friends. The sea looks such fun too, I know where my Millie would be - with them both in it!!

Happy 1st Gotcha Day (almost) Cassie :2389: :2389:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Lovely update they look so happy xx
barrovia
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by barrovia »

Lovely update on Cassie, Marie and Chris :love5:

We used to walk with Cassie often on the beach with my 2 and what a wonderful girl she is.

She'd have a cheeky way of putting her paws on the top of my car door whilst putting her head through the window to say "hello" whilst I was talking to Karen. :1971:

It is delightful to see that she is having the time of her life with her new family, espeacially with sister Poppy :1972:

Love

Mandy, Memphis and Maisie xxx